Gah, exhaust has gone again

Butcher

Little bit miffed really. Got a new exhaust (cat back) fitted at Tyrespot approx 2 years ago. And today, without warning, it's sheared right through due to corrosion around the welds on the joint at the back box. To be fair, given past experiences, I only expected a 2 year lifespan when I bought it, but still, it's a bit s**t. 

Anyway. Just wondering on the off chance really if anyone knows any deals on back boxes, or the best course of action - could it be re-welded? I'm a little bit worried too if I get a back box then it's just going to break on the other side of the joint on the centre section eventually. 

Also, is this a weak spot on the exhaust? It was snapped in the same place when I bought the car. And the Honda based Rover I had years ago suffered the exact same fate too.  

To be fair, for what the car has cost me, in total, since I bought it....I should be pinching myself. The cost of a cheap exhaust is buttons in the grand scheme of things. Just disappointing really. 

Was offered a stainless steel exhaust at the time, but it seems overkill - I didn't think I'd own the car that long for a start. ...it's just been so loyal, I have no reason to get rid of it! 

Should probably mention, it's completely standard. 1.6 SOHC Vtec.