Boot Latch problem

onejdmcivic1984

Had a crash with another car few hours ago and he collided in me as a result of stopping for two pedestrians that,although seeing me turn into the road,decided to walk into the road. Well as a result I was forced to stop and the car behind me crashed into mine.

Superficial damage was evident and I had 'realign' the bumper with the screws that hold it in place

Upon getting home I used the boot latch in the interior to obviously open the boot but upon going round it wouldn't work. From now on I will have to use the key to open it manually but any idea what's happened to the boot latch?

ive got exactly the same problem after being rear ended as well, chances are, like mine, the bodywork under the plastic in the boot is a bit out of shape and the mechanism isnt in the right place for that lever to work, depending on how far out it is you might be able to realign it with a strategically wielded hammer