Best Tyres?

DanTheB18Man

You may have seen on another topic but I have just bought a set of 

UniRoyal RainSport 3's and think they are amazing tyres especially in

the wet roads of Scotland  :wink:  :-D

Has Anyone had a good experience with a certain type of tyre?

The UniRoyal's are grip A rated but F i think on fuel (who cares?)

P.S - UniRoyal's have a added bonus they have sharks on the side  :wink:  8-)

• Like 1

Sharks you say? Sold! :lol:

Best budget tyre and I kid you not, Ling Long Greenmax! £30 a corner fitted on the OEM wheels and actually gave alright wet grip, rated the same as Avon's but don't actually believe it would be up to the same standard somehow!

Best all round tyre I've used so far is a Goodyear Eage F1 Astmetric 2, love them!

• Like 1

Sounds crackin! Are the uniroyals good in the dry though?

They grip really well I find in both weathers but I have never really tried proxes or continentals on a proper run so

i dont believe i have a huge opinion on comparison 

But im yet to slide out with them and they grip perfect when putting the power to ground 

What tyres do you run?  :-D

Sharks you say? Sold! :lol:

Best budget tyre and I kid you not, Ling Long Greenmax! £30 a corner fitted on the OEM wheels and actually gave alright wet grip, rated the same as Avon's but don't actually believe it would be up to the same standard somehow!

Best all round tyre I've used so far is a Goodyear Eage F1 Astmetric 2, love them!

Yes Sharks! even on the tread  rlol.gif1

Well I've heard of ling longs and I've not heard anything bad about them! 

My UniRoyals were only £33 each and i fitted them  :-D

• Like 1

They grip really well I find in both weathers but I have never really tried proxes or continentals on a proper run so

i dont believe i have a huge opinion on comparison

But im yet to slide out with them and they grip perfect when putting the power to ground

What tyres do you run? :-D

They sound good tbh!

I run toyo proxes t1-r's. They're good in the dry but 'ok' in the wet. I shall stick with them as I know how they handle. If I was to swop brands I would have to do it with all x4 tyres. No point in putting good grippy tyres on fronts, leave the backs, and have the back end step out due to lesser ones on rear!

I always buy toyo t1rs aswell. Not really tried any other performance orientated tyres so can't compare. But there far grippier than yoke s drives I had before so I was very impressed in the dry. Not so much in the wet. But ok.

Love them so much I have 4 spares in the shed as I heard there being discontinued.

• Like 1

I love khumo!

I've run ecsta sport on our standard wheels and the mx5 we used to have.

Currently running ecsta le sports on my 17s. Love them.

Interesting I've not seen many people running on ecsta sports but sound pretty good!

Well I can only compare uniroyals to the pirelli p6000 i had on my mb2 which i thought

werent that impressive for the price I paid for them :/ 

Tyres are quite a personal preference tbh. Each has their own brand that they've found to suit their needs, some for different reasons. I had them ecsta sports on my FN2 TypeR when I first got it from the dealership (they fitted them, brand new tyres) but have got to say.......................I hated them. Not sure if it was just the type of car they were on, but honestly found in the wet the car was undriveable, to the point where it was down right dangerous! And not talking about driving it hard or at speed, just trying to even pull away from junctions was an effort, the car spinning up in 1st, 2nd, and sometimes third with hardly any throttle. Cornering wise, it basically didnt!! lol I had them on the car about 2 weeks and then binned them before I ended up binning the car! Maybe just a bad batch of tyres? As other folk have had good results with them, but I also had a set on a wee Seat Ibiza I had (no laughing!!) and it was also a bit of a handful in the rain.

I've had Toyo T1R's on my MB's which were great in the dry, really grippy. In the wet, not too bad, but found during the winter they were useless. They are a decent tyre, but dont last long. Wear is a big issue with them! But still recommend them.

One tyre I've never had any problems with is GoodYear. Had the GoodYear Efficient Grips on Ruby, and they were fantastic, in the wet or dry. Tons of grip, and last well too.

I've now got GoodYear Eagles on the FN2, and the difference in grip is amazing. Totally planted in the dry, great grip in the wet and also predictable grip in the wet. They've also been pretty decent throughout the winter too, the very cold temps not affecting them much. So I'd recommend GoodYears. Only prob with them is the price.

The deck (DD) has Pirelli contact sports? (If I remember rightly!! lol) and these too have been really decent. Not sure of wet weather grip as the DD is never out in the rain if I can help it, and never gets driven hard anyways. So for normal driving, these are also good.

On my Civic TypeS FN1, I changed the tyres all round to Avons (just weeks before I traded her in too! Doh!) and these are another tyre I'd rate well. Good grip and not too expensive either, so a good all rounder.

The way I always look at buying tyres though is this...........no matter what car you have, what upgrades (suspension etc) you have, the only contact your car has with the road is the tyres. Thats the only thing keeping you going in the direction you want to go. So I never scrimp on the cost of decent tyres. Always Buy the best you can afford :wink:

• Like 1