Engine Temperature still rising?

Had the intake manifold changed to a metal one (D16Y8) and was done by a garage.

Noticed after a while (maybe its the summer and its the heatwave) but the temperature gauge gets close to the red zone. Hot air blows out from the heating and the coolant can be seen at the neck part when you open the rad cap. The coolant on the reserve tank is near the minimum level though?

Do I top up with coolant knowing that the coolant is at neck level when I check the radiator? Or do I check for leaks under the car?

Should really maintain it's temp around or just under halfway whatever the ambient temperature.

are you sure all the cooling system is serviced and working correctly. Ie thermostat is in good shape. Water pump in good shape?

Fan works as it should.

Do you suspect you are losing coolant???

I would fill the expansion to the recommended mark and then monitor it see if you losing coolant.

then go from there. Check for leaks if you are losing it. Water pump can be a culprit on b series. Not so sure about d tho.

but on b the water pump is covered by plastic cowling and often leaks un noticed.

otherwise there may be more serious concerns. But first things first.

Concur with above you need to replace the thermostat it's a ten quid part. And see if your problem is improved.

You don't want to allow the car to run hot. If that needle hits red. Say good bye to ya head gasket.

Top the expansion bottle up. Yeah it's designed to have fluid in the bottle even if upto neck of rad.