Mb2 bogging down, now fixed!

skitzma8

Question

I am still chasing the problem that's making my mb2 hesitate and bog down at 4000 to 6500rpm, but when it passes 6500rpm it gives a last little push to the red line, the car is fine when I'm driving at low speeds but I still have to feather the accelerator peddle to stop it bogging down. Today I took the standard air filter off and put a cone one on. and it seemed to run slightly better but still bogging down, and I'm still getting p0171 system too lean. I really need this sorting out asap

By the looks of the readings sensor 1 isn't switching they are meant to switch as they take readings to adjust air/fuel in the ecu

both O2 sensors are fine they are new, but the car keeps bogging down, I have to reset engine light every time I turn the car off and on, because if I try and drive with the EML light on the car really struggles and starts misfiring to the point I carnt drive. But it's not as bad when the EML light is reset, you really have to be gentle with the throttle to drive the car, otherwise it bogs down badly. And even with being gentle with the throttle the car goes up the Rev range a lot slower than it should do. I hope I can get this problem resolved because the car itself is mint with just over 40k genuine miles

Here's a list of what's been changed. Spark plugs, HT leads, distributor cap, rotor arm, ignition coil, both O2 sensors, fuel filter, injectors, cleaned out throttle body, tried MAP sensor off my ek3, changed fuel pressure regulator, checked for air intake leaks. Car doesn't use any oil or water.

I'd advise you to re-check for vacuum leaks and to remove the manifold heat shield to ensure there isn't a hairline crack close to where the O2 sensor is sited.....such fractures can easily be missed.

Fingers crossed for ya mate :)

I'd advise you to re-check for vacuum leaks and to remove the manifold heat shield to ensure there isn't a hairline crack close to where the O2 sensor is sited.....such fractures can easily be missed.

Fingers crossed for ya mate :)

have checked everywhere for vacuum leaks, there isn't any, and the manifold has no cracks