New civic type R - Brochure vid added

VTISmichael

Just had a look at the new civc type R info, despite being 5 door looks great & its turbo'd! 0-62 in 5.7secs and top speed is 167mph. 40mpg on 306 ponies.

Now it is 30k but what would the price drop be over the first 5 years do u think ?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick look at currant type-r's they were around 17-20k new, and at 5yrs old there going for around 10k...

So about half the price, but if there a low volume car, they may lose less...

Hmm i was thinking today it could be a big drop like half, yet another thing to put me off new cars, i havent been fond of the new style civic and it should be a proper 3 door hatch but i really like it lol quite tempted to do a test drive.

Not seen one in the metal yet, but was disappointed Honda made all the fuss over it using pictures of the concept, which in my eyes looks naff all like the final production model. The new R might grow on me, but at the moment I prefer the looks of my FN2 TypeR to the new one. But then thats because I've never liked the 9th gen civics, think they dulled the look too much on them.

Its getting good reviews in most of the car mags though, so always a good thing for Honda. Waiting for it to arrive in our local showroom (this month apparently) so will have a look and maybe book a test drive. I imagine though that there will be a "deposit" that needs to be paid before any test drives?

Went top my local Honda yesterday and there was two there. A Black one and a white one, white would be my choice! Red looks alright but i'm not a fan of red cars, the blue is a nice colour but i don't think it suits the car personally.