MB6 tri y Header

Viltor

Hello everyone,

I have  a question, my MB6 has his stock header with a straight exhaust pipe of 60mm external diameter.

Im thinking in replacing my header to a Tri Y header 4-2-1 wich has 2.5 ~63.5 external diameter. 

Do i need to do any modification in the flanges ? Can anyone give me some advices ? thanks

Hello everyone,

I have  a question, my MB6 has his stock header with a straight exhaust pipe of 60mm external diameter.

Im thinking in replacing my header to a Tri Y header 4-2-1 wich has 2.5 ~63.5 external diameter. 

Do i need to do any modification in the flanges ? Can anyone give me some advices ? thanks

You do, otherwise the it will leak between the mani and the exhaust. If you can find a exhaust clamp that goes from 63,5mm to 60mm that would be perfect, then just join the mani and the rest of the exhaust like this for example:

hdhanger_sm.jpg

Of course you'd need one with a flange to match the mani, or weld one on.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say a custom de-cat would be the answer to get it too fit but like me you will then have to get a custom cat too pass emmissions at test time better off getting a full system from powerflow to be frank

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, I Just bought this header and I will set it up tomorrow. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281861275257?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I have one question, the seller says on his store that the header is compatible with A/C, any one of you has this header or know if it is really compatible ? Thanks

Hello everyone, I Just bought this header and I will set it up tomorrow. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281861275257?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have one question, the seller says on his store that the header is compatible with A/C, any one of you has this header or know if it is really compatible ? Thanks

Hi, you should not have a problem with the A/C. You should only need a adjustable decat with 2.5" flange , keeping in mind the tri-y manifolds are quite a fair bit longer than your normal manifolds.

The runners going down are also longer resulting in the manifold to hang 3-4 cm lower than the sump, just something to take in to consideration if the car is lowered.