filthy rasp/how to solve?

spudley1988

Hey folks, got stainless manifold decat and mongoose system but the tinny rasp noise is disgusting. I know hondas can rasp but heard so many others that sound nowhere near mine and now had a few honda chaps aknowledge the tinny noise. Cant be picked up much from video but its much worse in person and giving ful chat. Now id believe lack of resonation but likely to be from centre box or rear box?

Sadly only have video of old system which was another mongoose but rasp heard in the video is much much worse.

Mine was raspy even with standard manifold just got bit louder or worse with aftermarket one. If I tap throttle to make it pop almost sounds mega tinny like one of the boxes or both are empty but could be wrong. I'd be happy with similar to the deck in video to where mine is now. Even in car the tinny rasp is borderline cringe

First video sounded as if it could have been raspy but possibly just the echo cause second video and the tip one didn't either. Something definitely wrong with mine sounds a lot raspier than that even from inside