My aerodeck - now gone :(

marv

Hi guys, this is the aerodeck that I picked up last night for £125 :) it's motd and taxed,has full leather interior and a tow bar. Bodywork is generally very good with now scuffs or rust on the arches, wee sent on passengers door and te drivers door has rust and handle has tape over it along with the wing mirror. When I went to view it it was apparent that it had a pretty bad oil leak :( used this to my advantage though, as under investigation I spotted it was just a hole in the oil filter, told the guy it must be a gasket and will cost a lot :)

Plans are to take all the good bits off my mb6, brakes,hubs,wheels,exhaust etc and fit them to the deck. Il remove the door and wing mirror and front lip and get a price on getting them painted by my mates brother. All suspension components will get swapped over and eventually the engine once I rebuild it.

I managed to get the oil,filter and plugs done tonight after my 12hr shift. Really really needs a clean inside and out, hope to do this at weekend.

Here's some quick pics from tonight...

95D9D0C9-FE92-47EB-86F8-F3C62E4EB9AF_zps

775B8F5D-EBA0-40B7-82E3-64FC47A6A686_zps

F9B57088-9758-4C49-AEA8-E2FF7B36CBB2_zps

The holy filter lol

341DBC7B-AC12-4131-8CA0-055BC3E77D57_zps

• Like 2

:lol: You're in the same sort of situation as me! As said before, you cannot beat that price! 

What do you think of the little D15Z8 engine? I think they're nippy little things for what they are and amazing on fuel :)

• Like 1

Yeah it's cream leather, but it's not in the best condition :( need to buy some products to try bring it back, any recommendations? I believe it's a 1.6 se, I'm unsure in the engine code but il have a look. I only drove it home from the buyers house and didn't really go over 60mph due to the oil leak. Hoping to turn her into a have decent looking motor and it's perfect for a family wagon! :)

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! More pics will come over weekend. Feel like I can't be without an M now lol

:lol: You're in the same sort of situation as me! As said before, you cannot beat that price!

What do you think of the little D15Z8 engine? I think they're nippy little things for what they are and amazing on fuel :)

Your build thread inspired me to find a cheap deck lol

• Like 1

Looks better than I was expecting, hope it was just the filter leaking, does look like it was ready to be changed!

Seems like it was just the filter as I couldn't see a leak once I started, and let it warm up. I convinced it will come up great after a good cleaning session :)