Got a new Honda!

Dave

Well, as most of you already know, I had some probs with the TypeR. The main one being the refurb of the 19" rage option alloys. These were meant to be done as part of the deal when I bought her, but the garage only got them repainted. After much hassles it's now getting them professionally diamond cut like they're meant to be (thanks to my lawyer!). So, Roxy went away on Monday and I got courtesy car from Western...................brand spanking new Honda Jazz! :-D  And only 10 miles on the clock!

Before you all start laughing, I'm actually really pleased! I'd thought about a Jazz ages ago after seeing a yellow one lowered, nice alloys, full kit and tinted windows kicking about near my work. It was styled along the lines of the supercharged Honda Fit, available for the JDM. This thing looked stunning! So I'd always wanted to have a drive of one to see what they're like.

First thing, I love the colour of this thing! Not sure what it is (havent looked it up yet) but its like a kinda burnt orange metallic, only it seems to have a kind if red through it too. Looks the nuts in the sunshine! It also has 16" alloys, limo rear windows, and most of the toys that Roxy has (same steering wheel, leccy windows all round, digital climate control, cruise control, abs, esp.....etc etc. So well kitted out toys wise. Engine wise, it's only a 1.4 auto, but what a cracking wee car to drive. It's so quiet, you sometimes think the engines switched off (even at 70mph!) and overall it drives really smooth. Ok, so it's slow as hell compared to my other cars, but that's not the point of the car. lol It's actually more relaxing to drive than the typeR, more comfortable (suspension wise) and just generally easy to live with. Average fuel consumption so far has been between 45 - 53mpg. It just sips the fuel! lol

Downsides are:

1. The seats are like sitting on 3x2 concrete slabs! Way to hard and uncomfortable.

2. No power (although it did get to over a ton on a private kinda road!)

3. Image! People look twice when you get out of it and don't have a zimmer or white hair (which would be hard for me considering how much hair I got! lmao)

4. Steering feedback almost nil (although it's really nice and light, being able to steer it with your pinky!)

5. Quite a few blind spots on it.

Other than that, it's really a fantastic wee car! Enjoyed driving it, and got it til Friday when Roxy should be back.

I'll post up a few pics later when I get time.

I had a 2009 Jazz, felt like a courtesy car! Very clever little thing with all the storage spaces etc but the lack of feedback really hurts when you want to have fun! 

Always had a niggling in my head about the Jazz .. Having worked at honda for a number of years, alot of the chaps had Jazz's as their lease cars and the SI versions, with the tinted windows, lips etc etc actually caught my eye a few times!

However, what really tickles my fancy is the ones i've seen with a k20 :twisted:  :twisted:

Oh and im glad that the feckers are finally coughing up and having the wheels dones properly Dave!

Having said that, such a shame that solicitors have had to get involved to resolve.. Suppose thats a massive confidence knock against them :(

Oh and im glad that the feckers are finally coughing up and having the wheels dones properly Dave!

Having said that, such a shame that solicitors have had to get involved to resolve.. Suppose thats a massive confidence knock against them :(

Not surprising really, dealerships don't like to fork out money, they just want to sell sell sell and will be your best mate until you have a problem! 

I got my sh1tter back yesterday and mentioned about a problem with the drivers seat, in order for it to be looked at I'd basically have to take the car back again separately to have them remove the seat, dismantle it, take pictures of the offending part(s), reassemble (still broken) and get the car back. Then if Kia approve the warranty claim repeat the whole saga but get the seat replaced! Really can't be ar5ed! 

That sucks mate. On saying that, Gayle has a Kia Rio (09 plate) and she's never had any probs at all with it. He's (yes, Gayles now like me and her car is a wee person too lol) actually a great wee car to drive. Pick up speed on the motorway is really quick for a 1.5 diesel, I was surprised! Maybe just a bad dealership and a friday/monday car? Not heard that many complaints about Kia's to be fair. Wee "Jazzmine" goes back to the dealership today, hopefully, and Roxy will be back in her staring role again! Just waiting on the call :-)

That sucks mate. On saying that, Gayle has a Kia Rio (09 plate) and she's never had any probs at all with it. He's (yes, Gayles now like me and her car is a wee person too lol) actually a great wee car to drive. Pick up speed on the motorway is really quick for a 1.5 diesel, I was surprised! Maybe just a bad dealership and a friday/monday car? Not heard that many complaints about Kia's to be fair. Wee "Jazzmine" goes back to the dealership today, hopefully, and Roxy will be back in her staring role again! Just waiting on the call :-)

Yeah my mate has a 60 plate Rio with the same 1.5CRDi engine too, also has had no problems! They changed the EGR valve on mine. Was completely full of soot due to 40k of town driving. That's 90% of my driving so the car is going. Not worth me having a car to try and save money if I have to take it on runs just for the sole purpose of keeping it sweet. That's like having a high maintenance woman! 

Get some pictures from the ditch you drive ot into mate! @Krzys

Will do!