Banded steel wheels

marv

Hi guys, just picked myself up some accord 15" steel weeks from the scrappy. They are 15x6 et50. I'm wondering if il get away with a 2" band upfront to give me 8" and 3" on the back to make 9". I was originally going to go with 8.5" on the back but I'm sure iv seen some decks with 9s.

Anyone any input?

Cheers

Have done some quick calculations, not 100% sure on their validity, but a 2" band would bring it to 8J ET25-ish and 3" band would be 9J ET12.5-ish. Again, not entirely sure on that, but I cant see it being all that far off. Fronts will fit with stretched tyres, not entirely sure on rears.

195/45's on an 8J probably wont give enough stretch, I'd be looking at something like 165/50's. You'll definitely need to roll your rear arches for the 9J's to even have a chance of fitting

Assuming my calculations for the 9J rim are correct, they should fit! Using Matt Coles wheel specs as a base for something I know fits, I've used willtheyfit.com and the results are as shown.

wheelfitment.png

• Like 1

Assuming my calculations for the 9J rim are correct, they should fit! Using Matt Coles wheel specs as a base for something I know fits, I've used willtheyfit.com and the results are as shown.

wheelfitment.png

Wow! Thanks for that mate. So looks like the 9s on the rear should fit. My cars pretty low at the front and I get scrubbing sometimes with my vtis rims as 195 55s. Il get the wheels made and worry about making them fit later lol il probably have to remove the from arch liners.

Well got one of the wheels in the lathe today. That's when iv realised that the wheels are infact 16" by 7" et50. I dealt wanted 15s and that's what they said the were. Think I'm going to fit them and measure what room I have.