Car loosing power after 4.5k rpm

jdmsaq

Hi i recently installed 4-2-1 japspeed manifold and a custom decat.. My car looses power after 4.5k rpm the problem is it starts burbling and popping and becomes sluggish what can the problem be?

I had this wen i first got mine have you had the engine management light come on if yes then it could be the lambda but if the light is not on the dash then it could be ur dizzy or your fueling so check ur dizzy cap n rotor arm n fuel filter first as they are the cheap options

I had this wen i first got mine have you had the engine management light come on if yes then it could be the lambda but if the light is not on the dash then it could be ur dizzy or your fueling so check ur dizzy cap n rotor arm n fuel filter first as they are the cheap options

Yes, when I had just my custom exhaust installed the engine management light came on .. What did you do to sort the issue mate?

Fuel filter has been replaced 3k miles ago. I will look into my dizzy, lambda and rotor cap mate and will update if problem is sorted or not. Also the dude at exhaust place did a diagnostic test on my car and a few fuel error codes came up. He cleared them for me a couple of weeks ago and said come back and he will re check it for me by re-testing it..

• 2 weeks later...

It could well be lambda as stated but it could also be loosing a bit of back pressure. 

4-2-1 manifold, straight through center pipe and straight through back-box on a little 1.4 is a bit much I think. 

But I could be wrong :)

• Like 1