Replacement key and remote fob

BiMU

Hi guys, 

Hope someone can advise. I have only one key and one remote fob. Just wondering where's the best place to get a new key (does it have some kind transmitter inside?) and a replacement key fob.

I've read somewhere that I may need to get new remotes as well as the IR receiver where the interior lights are?

Thanks!

Uh oh .... lol 

think that the only way to have new keys done is to have them programmed at Honda .. Which is mega .. Not sure if someone else knows any diff? They have a funky little transmitter in for the immobilizer ..  

The Fob, you can change both the fob & the IR receiver, I've literally just done mine, works perfect .. 

A local auto lock smith in Nottingham (http://www.3dgroupuk.com/) did manage to copy my black key and have it start the car. But unless there's somewhere like that where you are I'm afraid it's a case of a dry session from Honda unless there's a scrap vehicle with the red key available, transponder box, ignition barrel and locks.

Fobs are just paired with the IR receiver where the interior light is. But some members have just fitted a HAWK central locking kit to replace the fob.

Info about that here: http://civic5.com/forum/topic/9002-hawk-universal-central-locking-kit-how-to/

• 2 weeks later...

I had a spare key cut using my black key at timpsons, only about a tenner, as for the remote central locking, you'd be better off putting an aftermarket one in, I have an invoice some where from Honda several years ago for a remote fob, best part of 400 quid...

Uh oh .... lol 

The Fob, you can change both the fob & the IR receiver, I've literally just done mine, works perfect .. 

Good to know ^ ^

never had a fob ever since i had the Deck