My Civic MB2 Build sort of

CathalC

Hi all,

Im on my second MB2 now  :-D  because the other ones engine decided it wanted to overheat and crack the block  :-? but if you look in my sig im sure you will understand why,

So i seen one on www.donedeal.ie for 450 euro a few months back and was like why not its cheap.

And its got currently 118K Miles its a little rough but the plan is to turn it round and make a nice looking daily driver out of it.

Its another Pirate black MB2.

I just fitted a MB6 VTi-S Kit to it so its starting to look a bit better Kit needs to be tidied up a little too.

Main reason for this thread is i had a little scare the other week and im planning on doing a few things so this dosent happen again EVER! 

2015-01-17151744_zps13e6eb74.jpg

Bottom Ball joint leterally came apart and it was eventful to say the least it cracked the paint on the wing that is the only other bit of damage apart from the ball joint so i bought 2 and plan on fitting them this W/end providing it dosent still look like this.

2015-01-29075719_zpsa9cbd38b.jpg

Dont fancy making snow angels while changing ball joints and a CV joint  :x

BTW i put my second hand ball joint in from my other M untill i  got the new ones

Ill get a few better pics when its not covered in white crap. Bit hard as i love civic M's and everytime I see them i lets just say cant control myself  WACK11111

The looks part of this Build will be a little slow as i ave another project car that i save most of my money for Cus its JDM and parts are damn expensive.

Way back when it looked half decent

271348_10150263250417347_8351572_o_zps0f

IMG_4464287874488_zpsef2d49e8.jpeg

And Now  :cry:

IMG_20130801_012018_zps64d43e95.jpg

So ye iv had the mitsy since i was 17 so its my first love.

Now 23 BTW so its the same age as myself even got registered in Japan the same week i was born so we have a bond. 

But in saying that i would like to have my daily driving and looking nice before i start spending major cash on mitsy so hope u enjoy my little half build thingy of my civic and look forward to you opinions when i get better picks up of the civic.

Been hearing more and more about bottom ball joints failing! Think im going to replace mine just for the sake of it ! 

Welcome along though mate and glad to hear your going to fix and tidy her up !  welcometocivic5smile

• Like 1

Been hearing more and more about bottom ball joints failing! Think im going to replace mine just for the sake of it ! 

Welcome along though mate and glad to hear your going to fix and tidy her up !  welcometocivic5smile

Can't hurt, yours will be getting on for 18 years old if they're original! 

• Like 1

wow mitsi! rare as rocking horse pooh! 

One of only two of its kind in Ireland and that was 3 years ago so im not sure if the other one is still around. Plan for it is 2.0 V6 Mivec from the FTO conversion in the future lol :D

• Like 2

Nice wee project mate, and ouch with that ball joint! Never had one fail on me but imagine its scary as hell! Loving the mitsy too, you should get her a wee project thread in the other projects section, always nice to see something different.

I'll move this thread to the project M's section once you've read this post mate. Let me know when you've read it, don't want you to have to go hunting for your thread lol

• Like 1

One of only two of its kind in Ireland and that was 3 years ago so im not sure if the other one is still around. Plan for it is 2.0 V6 Mivec from the FTO conversion in the future lol :D

Read it thanks, I'll do a project thread for the mitsy when i get the funds to import some parts :-|  just going to have to cable tie my wallet shut in the mean time lol