Cops

dogg1210

Well left work the night and was getting a bit heavy footed on the motorway! Didn't notice the police behind me and they where there for about 2 miles! Any ways they pulled me ask why I was driving so fast and I just said I was being a d**k and know I shouldn't have been driving as quick. He done the usual checks told me to drive slower then let me go no points, fine, f all. They could've been right d**ks but didn't . Thankfully

• Like 2

Nicely done!!!! Think honesty goes a long way in those situations. Imagine some of the shif they must hear.. At the end of the day if ya speeding ya speeding. No point making some elaborate excuse

• Like 1

Totally agree. If they catch you fair and square, there is no point in trying to make excuses. I got caught in Ruby, at night, as I was late for work. The speed they clocked me at after they caught up was not even close to what I had been doing when I passed them, so just held my hands up. I find if you're honest with the police, they tend to be ok with you, even have a laugh with you.

Good shout that they let you off mate, only wish the police up here used their discretion a bit more. See it all the time on road wars etc, where they let people go. They have never done that up here with anyone I know, myself included. If you're caught, you're done! But as said, it's a fair cop, because if you break the law, you have to accept the punishment if you get caught.

had this before when i went down south to pick up a car, copper was following me for ages down a dual carriageway, anyway my mate leant in the back to get his lunch and said the cops are behind you and thought, oh s**t i been doing about 80 down this dual carriageway for about 5 miles!

he pulled me over in a laybay and asked why i got pulled over, done the usual checks and asked if my indicators work :?:

basically i was overtaking and not indicating but pulling back into the other lane once overtaken without indicating is ok, so a little telling off and let me go ha ha

I have never been stopped in my mb6's, but used to get pulled a lot in previous civics (ek4 and ep3) both with loud exhausts.

Think they understand mb drivers are mature enthusiasts not boy racers!

funniest moment when I was younger was when me and two friends went out racing. ep3 - eg k20 - accord type r, we pulled off the petrol station all tyres lit up giving it some, I spotted a police car right away behind us with sirens on so ducked into a side street, they stopped my friend in the eg k20 and gave him a section 59. we continued on through the night and on the way home we had another run on the highway, soon as we pulled off from the roundabout I spotted a police car and pulled onto a side road with the police chasing my friend in the eg k20.. I seen him later and apparently they caught up with him after 2 miles.. he pulled away so quickly he didn't see them for a few minutes as they were left so far behind. it was the same police car as earlier, they apparently reported him but he never heard back since and the eg k20 got sold on soon after that evening.

• Like 1

I've been pulled loads of times, only once in the MB for popping flames in the main street last year....hence Asbo. :(

Last year I was in the works van picking up the nightshift service driver that was delivering a customers truck back. It was around 2am and on a duel carriageway heading through a wee town. The road narrowed into one lane and I overtook a red 53 plate Ford Focus on the chevrons, before it went into one lane. They flashed me and sped up behind me. It had one headlamp out and looked a pile of turd. I said to the driver " there's two people in that car and there flashing their lights like mad at me and chasing us". So I proceeded to run a red light and head through Strathclyde park (was a proper road through the park don't worry) and they followed suit. Once I came out the other side of the park there was a panda car waiting for me. I stopped and said "thank feck, there's some bell end chasing me through the park"....just as the focus arrived with two coppers in it. One female one male.

I sat in the back of shed focus and then spat out my case;

A. their car had a headlamp out and wasn't fit for the road so knew it couldn't possible be the Police :)

B. their car was crap and I thought it was neds out causing trouble at 2am

C. Driving manner was inflammatory.

The woman got out and checked the headlamp and sighed. They checked my details and let me be on my merry way :)

I am always polite in these situations as if I give them attitude, they could just conjure something up and do me for red light anyway.