how to install amplifier and subwoofer?

mobz91

there are 5 wires that need to go to the amp mate, if you buy an amp fitting kit this usually has everything in it, you need a power lead going from the battery, its 8awg cable and will need an inline fuse close to the battery, obviously it will need an earth (usually fixed close to the amp in the boot) a remote wire (which is a solid blue wire on the headunit usually with a tab on it saying 'rem' or 'remote',this switches the amp on when your headunit is switched on. you will need the rca cables from the audio out on the headunit to the audio in on the amp, to run the sub off the amp you can just bridge it across the left and right terminals. i use to fit these when i worked at halfords and its a piece of pish :) if you have any bother try this:- http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_3680_install- ... ifier.html

ooooooo one last thing run the power/remote cable down the opposite side of the car from the rca leads as they can interfier with eachother. stuart

Have a look at this diagram, it should help!

ampwiring.jpg

Battery Cable or POWER CABLE is usually RED

Ground Cable or EARTH CABLE is usually BLACK

Remote Turn On or REM is usually BLUE

Phono Cable colour of the cable does not really matter, just make sure the RED & WHITE Phono Plugs go in the right way

Speaker Cables again colour of the cable does not matter, just make sure the + and - wires go to the right sockets on the amp and the speaker/subwoofer!

Hello,im stuck, how do i deal with the remote wire? iv crimped one end for the amp teriminal.But what about the end that goes in to the head unit,Iv gota panaosnic headunit.How do i fit the blue wire in to the Head unit?

There is usually a blue wire in the wiring harness of the head unit mate. It will have a label (in most cases) with REM or remote on it, or the writing might actually be printed on the wire itself ( sometimes very hard to see as its very small)

Archived