Ryan's Yaris T Sport thread

Ryan6926

Hello all and welcome to my newly acquired T Sport Yaris thread

I bought it Wednesday after being bored of my MB3 not being quick enough and needing things doing to I was looking at getting something, Newer, Small, Cheap to run and quick enough to keep me interested.

My 3 options were a Yaris T Sport, A C2 VTS or a Ignis Sport, After looking around for a while I noticed this came up on Auto Trader for under £1000 although it didn't have much MOT on it. After scraping the funds together I asked to view it and was told no as it was in for it's MOT although the price had gone down. After speaking with the bloke a bit longer I found out it went straight through with 1 advisory which was the discs were a bit pitted so went to view it.

Had a look around it and apart from 3 marks and a cracked bumper it was in very very good nick considering it had done 122k

So I haggled the guy down to 865 even with the new MOT on it, Handed over the cash andcollected it the next day

Here's a few pics of it when I got it

DSC_0631_zpswxxwad2o.jpg

DSC_0633_zpscggupwxr.jpg

DSC_0637_zpsxcjnmcjl.jpg

I must say I've always been a huge Toyota fan and it's cars like this surprisingly which explain why, They don't look particularly hot but considering their size from the outside they're massive inside, I'm 6ft 2 and fit in easily, It's got a close ration gearbox (Complete opposite to my MB3) and with 105bhp it goes very nicely considering it looks like I've borrowed it off my nan lol

Not too much in terms of plans really as it's good how it is but I want to get my white wheels refurbed in Black or Anthracite, Some subtle tints, Change the tyres to 195 50 15 instead of the 185's on at the minute and then basically just enjoy it

If I change my mind I'll let you know ;)

Thanks for reading :)

Thanks for the comments guys it's a brilliant little car :-D

Considering its size it's pretty good inside as I've said and it's still averaging 40mpg and that's not hanging about lol

Cheers for the comments, I was tempted by the Ignis too although I've heard they can be fairly 'full on' and sometimes I just potter about and not tear around everywhere so the Yaris is ideal. I've missed being able to overtake in 5th gear which this does very nicely too :D

I've been looking at refurb's for the standard alloys although they're coming back at about 250 quid which isn't ideal so I've decided I want a set of these instead which are only 25 quid more :D

10102011131707_zpsbbpgcmf3.jpg

They go straight on and here's what they look like when fitted :)

ycukphoto-1326738587-U4467_zpso3n3o08d.j

Apart from that it's likely to be subtle tints, some wind deflectors, a Blitz LM panel filter and possibly an exhaust although I don't know if I'll want one yet because of the revs at 60-70mph being a tad loud even as standard so I don't want it to drone (Damn I'm getting old :/ )

I like them so now it's just a case of saving for them :)