Honda Civic MB6 Headlights info

falz

Hi,

So I recently bought my Honda Civic VTi MB6 in the UK, but now I have to do a special "Import MOT" here in Belgium, so I need new headlights (LHD traffic)

Now I'm looking for the headlights but I'm puzzled tbh.. I never had this much of a hard time finding out which are the good ones ?

I see headlights that have an electrical "lightfield" adjustment and no lightreach adjustment and then others that have both, but I really dont know which is which tbh..

All I see is a switch to adjust the height of my headlights inside the car, is there another option to adjust the Width or something in specific MB/MC/MA's ?

cheers

Edited by Dave
added search tags

You can read here the difference between LHD and RHD headlights: http://civic5.com/forum/topic/9469-headlight-problem-mot/

My advice is don't waste money for LHD headlights, install LHD projectors inside your current headlights and you're done. It's easy to do and you'll start to see in the night ! Plus it looks better. You can install cheap chinese projectors, everything is better than the stock headlight ;)

• Like 2

You can read here the difference between LHD and RHD headlights: http://civic5.com/forum/topic/9469-headlight-problem-mot/

My advice is don't waste money for LHD headlights, install LHD projectors inside your current headlights and you're done. It's easy to do and you'll start to see in the night ! Plus it looks better. You can install cheap chinese projectors, everything is better than the stock headlight ;)

yeah I know the LHD's beam to the right and RHD to the left :) and I'm not one for taking headlights apart and fitting projectors :P not that I don't want to, but I'm actually affraid I'm gonna screw it up lol :P just ordered a new set of LHD headlights was only 80 pounds :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You can not use halogen bulbs in a HID projector. But you can use a halogen projector. For example this Hella bi-halogen is a nice one:

http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-009998021-Bi-Halogen-Headlamp-Module/dp/B0030YWKYW

pVOhDcF.jpg

Or you can use OEM halogen projectors for a retrofit. For example some Mercedess E55 have bi-halogen projectors with good pattern.

• 4 years later...

I'm looking to buy new headlights for my MB6. Does it need to have the electric motor adjustment? I can mostly find ones without motor. Bosch and magneti marelli makes ones with electric adjustment but havent seen others. And those can be expensive... Will there be problems with MOT with regular headlights? Would be a lot cheaper to find.