X Reg MB2 1.4S auto

Gel

Tom, it's got a few minor flaws that could easily be addressed by a Detailer but I couldn't be bothered because London cars are always prone to knocks and bumps.....and one of our neighbours parks by ear cry.gif1

Granted, it looks perfect in the image but perfect it ain't......I spent a fair bit on tightening up the undercarriage components but I now have a car that's as good as it can be given it's age and mileage :)

I aim to run this wee auto for 3 years.....least that's the plan.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I only covered 1,400 miles since the last MOT so thankfully my car sailed through the MOT 10 days ago with no advisories :)

I did have to replace a headlight (UV damage) and the Garage replaced rear drop links that were that were annoying the Hell out of me.

My rear box (silencer) will soon need replacing.....they're relatively cheap and looks a doodle to fit.

Got to see the underside of my car whilst it was on the Garage lift.....I was pleasantly surprised with how clean and rust free it was and it was plain to see the car was well looked after in the past.

So my cheap runabout gets to live another year :)

• Like 1

Bargain motoring that! DD has only done around 700 miles in a year too, need to check when the mot is due! That sounds like it's a cracking wee mb mate

• Like 1

It's the weather that's keeping DD 's mileage so low....she'd have galactic mileage if you were living in the Mediterranean :D

With a bit of luck DD will easily pass her MOT after a "free up" drive :)

My car doesn't even come close to the condition of DD and others on here but I can describe my car as a decent dependable motor that has buckets of charm....it's easy on fuel, easy to drive, easy to park, easy on parts but sadly it would also be easy to steal.

I really think it's the smooth auto box that endears me to this car so much.....90 bhp is quite tame but at least it goes like the clappers in kickdown :)

Beautiful shot of a lovely car John :)....your wheels look ace.

IMHO auto's fare better over the years  i.e.  they're less likely to have been thrashed or neglected.

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased a back box from GSF for £37.....was listed @ £63 but managed to use a 41% discount code I sourced online :)

WKEND41 FOR 41% off at GSF this weekend           

Edited by Gel
to include code

• 2 years later...

My dependable 1.4 S auto just passed it's MOT again so it gets to live for another year :)

I bought my car cheaply and got to say it's the best bargain car I've ever owned but will probably replace it with something fresher this Summer......I've been saying that since I got the car :lol:

These Honda's just grow on you eh

• Like 2