X Reg MB2 1.4S auto

Gel

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:18 PM, KiNK43 said:

Not personally. I used footman James for my old eg that was a 92 car.

My insurance is up for renewal in five weeks time so I'll ask about cars over 20 yrs. old once I receive my renewal notice for 2019.

Thanks for the heads up Jake :)

• 1 month later...

Yippee !  my MB2 has just passed it's MOT.....cost me £270 but what the heck tis cheap dependable motoring for another 13 months.

My insurance is due in a few days time so I now know I have a car worth insuring......party.gif1

I'm now entering year five with a 19 year old car bought as a stop gap.....The Honda God must be looking down on me.ecstatic.gif1

• Like 2

I was nervous this time round because I had a right go at the MOT Garage a couple of Months back when they misbehaved .....thankfully they weren't spiteful.

I even had a new car lined up ....I can now stop dreaming about cars that run on a whiff of petrol but cost a fortune to have sitting outside my Home most of the time.

Edited by Gel
Clarity
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Always nice to pass the test :D

Relief and elation was the end result :)

I had advisories for both front shocks (light misting)....both shocks are behaving perfectly so I'm in no hurry replacing 'em.....might consider fitting second hand coil over's if my shocks weaken in the near future....I honestly don't envisage my shocks worsening any time soon but my front springs could be doing with replacement.

• Like 1

Youll notice a big difference replacing the shocks/springs Gerry. I did with the mx5, totally different car to drive after new ones fitted, and they were just oem spec. 

11 hours ago, Dave said:

Youll notice a big difference replacing the shocks/springs Gerry. I did with the mx5, totally different car to drive after new ones fitted, and they were just oem spec. 

Not unlike yourself Dave.....all cars are personal to me i.e.  I treat them as one of the family and maintain 'em accodingly.

I can easily source new shocks and springs for under £100 but I'm unsure if it's wise to pump money into a depreciating asset.....if I had a desireable car like the Vti-S I'd have no quams about firing money at it.

My RL brake calliper is quite troublesome so it may be wiser to replace the sticky calliper before I think about shocks/springs.

You've "got me going" Dave.....well I am a man that allows his heart to rule his head until "Her Indoors" chirps up.....lol