X Reg MB2 1.4S auto

Gel

10 hours ago, Gel said:

Not unlike yourself Dave.....all cars are personal to me i.e.  I treat them as one of the family and maintain 'em accodingly.

I can easily source new shocks and springs for under £100 but I'm unsure if it's wise to pump money into a depreciating asset.....if I had a desireable car like the Vti-S I'd have no quams about firing money at it.

My RL brake calliper is quite troublesome so it may be wiser to replace the sticky calliper before I think about shocks/springs.

You've "got me going" Dave.....well I am a man that allows his heart to rule his head until "Her Indoors" chirps up.....lol

Lol oh yes, my biggest flaw is my heart spends money my head knows doesnt exist!

Id deffo replace that rear caliper as it will only get worse then end up being a pain yo get off. Exchange  recon calipers are reasonably priced mate and again, its one of those parts that does make a difference.

And hey, it doesnt matter if shes a 1.4 base model or an all bells an whistles VTiS, if shes a good car and you love her shes worth spending the money on. The amount that was spent on Ruby and DD is money we always knew we wouldnt get back, but it didnt matter. Still doesnt! Lol shes done you well so far Gerry so she deserves a treat!

21 hours ago, jaymb6 said:

Looks a clean car, Mine was only a stop gap, few weeks tops lol 

So how long have you been driving your stop gap Jay ?

Dave,  you've convinced me to do right by my 'ol MB2.....in the words of Del Boy........"ya know it makes sense"

Once I order new springs/shocks and a brake calliper I'll have no choice but to fit 'em.....amazing how a man can trick himself into doing the right thing :grin: with a bit of prompting.

For arguments sake......lets presume you've spent £500 improving your car over the last 12 Months........that's cheap motoring by any standards and best of all you form a relationship with your car.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gel said:

For arguments sake......lets presume you've spent £500 improving your car over the last 12 Months........that's cheap motoring by any standards and best of all you form a relationship with your car.

Nothing thats needed to be done lol, all mods mostly other than a cmabelt and a service, which was pennys 

On 3/26/2019 at 9:51 AM, Gel said:

Very true!

On 3/26/2019 at 10:20 AM, jaymb6 said:

Nothing thats needed to be done lol, all mods mostly other than a cmabelt and a service, which was pennys 

See, do thats the best kind of motoring, no repairs just enjoying modding and making the car unique!

• Like 1