Best Tyres?

DanTheB18Man

Rainsport 2 on the s2000 very progressive in wet and dry,do have soft side walls though , but last ages< up 2psi more  than spec>

kumho ku31 on the Polo very good upper budget tyre good in wet and dry and predicable,like them lots on the Polo on all corners

Local  tyre company uses them on there vans and recommended them me.

conti2 on the mc2 swapped from fronts wear very fast and Potenza 002 on front now, conti are little better of the 2 apart from wear rate.

Do like the Nankang NS2R 180s   <120 is track tyre> look a very nice  with good reviews :twisted:

• Like 1

Im a big fan of the t1's .. Thought it was the 888 that were rumored to be discontinued thought, not the 1r's .. Hopefully your mis in formed there! lol 

For the price and the fact i never drive hard in the wet, they're perfect .. 

Also, done 10k since i got them (thats what ive dont in the 18months since owning the car!) and they're holding up really well.. Fronts are probably about half way through their life! 

• Like 1

I don't like the T1R on the EP3, might be because they're bigger than the rest of you use (205/45/R17).

The Accord has perished P6000's on the front, actually work quite well!

I don't like the T1R on the EP3, might be because they're bigger than the rest of you use (205/45/R17).

The Accord has perished P6000's on the front, actually work quite well!

But do they have sharks on the side wall?  rlol.gif1

Yeah i totally agree that all tyres are really a preference until its comes to race tyes

it really only depends on what kind of driving you do or what kind of driver you are

when it comes down to it.

I just prefer Uniroyals for the grip in the rain it seems not many tyres can provide a

hole amount of grip in the rain or winter but I feel more confident on relying on my 

Uniroyals.

• Like 1

Uniroyal Rainsport 3's. I've ran several tyres over the years, P zero nero rossos, Potenza RE050A and RE050A2, Continental sportcontact3s and the rainsport 3s offer the best wet grip by a long long way (almost feels like you're driving in the dry), really really good dry grip and are really good value for money. If you have 16's or above I believe you can get the XL ones like I have (205/45/17 XL) which have slightly stiffer sidewalls and less give. Really impressive turn in too and as said above..

THEY HAVE SHARKS ON THE SIDE.

I wouldn't run anything else but Rainsport3s having used them now (unless the 4 comes out), unless I'm on track then AD08Rs will always be my tyre of choice from what friends say about them.

Also I can put the power down and not have to worry about excessive wheelspin etc, they just grip and go, survive well to a country road blast too

• Like 1

I've got a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3s in 205/45/16 and can't fault them at all for performance. Near impossible to make the car lose grip unless your well into the upper range of the speedo and even then I have yet to make the car lose it properly. Amazing in the wet as well, can launch at 4-5K and as long as you don't keep your foot mashed to the floor you'll pull off with no slip. Only downers is that they were £100 a corner and I've read they wear down in about 15-20K miles. Bit soft as well so car is pretty harsh when going over bumps but this could also be down to the Meisters.

I was going to get Rainsport 3's as I recommended them to a friend of mine with an MX5, Very very grippy but very soft as well so it's a counteraction, Because of this I decided to go away from the Toyo / Rainsports but couldn't stretch the budget to Pilot Sport 3's so I've bought some Bridgestone Potenza RE002's,

I've read a few reviews and they're long lasting, very very grippy in the dry and certaInly not too shabby in the wet either so I'm looking forward to fitting them

If they're good enough for people to put them on Impreza's / Evo's / Monaro's etc then they should be fine for my Yaris lol