Best Tyres?

DanTheB18Man

Another Rainsport 2 user here :D For my next tires I'll be choosing between Rainsport 3 and Adrenalin RE003. I love Rainsports but I don't like the soft sidewalls they have. Then again we have very bad roads here and 195/50 is kinda low profile so it might be an advantage. I want to ask all Rainsport users, how is the comfort comparing them to tires with stiffer sidewalls ?

Another Rainsport 2 user here :D For my next tires I'll be choosing between Rainsport 3 and Adrenalin RE003. I love Rainsports but I don't like the soft sidewalls they have. Then again we have very bad roads here and 195/50 is kinda low profile so it might be an advantage. I want to ask all Rainsport users, how is the comfort comparing them to tires with stiffer sidewalls ?

I have 205/45/17 rainsports with the XL extra load sidewalls, so they're stiffer sidewalls than normal rainsports but not quite as stiff as potenzas :)

When it comes to the Rainsport 3s even in 195 50 15 the soft sidewall does show itself, as for the RE003s there's no release date for them over here yet so it depends if you know where to get them :-)

Yes I know their sidewalls are soft but does this result in better ride comfort ? My change of tires will probably be after a year, so RE003 should be out by then.

Yes it generally results in more ride comfort but because the sidewall is soft ( also a problem on T1R ) it flexes under cornering, if it flexes under cornering it then wears the shoulder of the tyre out sooner.

Generally the harder the sidewall the less flex the better which is why I've gone RE002 because I've not seen anything anywhere saying the shoulders melt as with the other 2 if cornered hard

• Like 1

maxi maz1 is an awesome tire in the dry not bad in the wet either, side walls are really sturdy, its more or less impossible to lose grip in the dry just gives and gives!

They used the MA-Z1 tyres for drifting a few years back before they switched to Achilles tyres so they must be doing something right they just seem difficult to find as they're not on the big sites I find the Maxxis ??

i run 205 50 15 on my mb6 bought from ebay, thers actualy some on ebay at the min for £159.99 wich is cheap as f*** i payed £245 for myn!!

i wanted maxis coz i new off my previous cars that thers was hardlys no sidewall flex, if i had some spare cash i wud snap them up as spares absolute bargain!