Noise near my feet

Viltor

Question

Hi everyone,

Have a question. My civic Mb6 when Im driving on a bumpy road theres like a clunk noise like this in this video 

, and I feel like something is hitting in the chassis near my right feet. 

I inspected the drop links and they look tight, I also inspected the anti roll bar bushing and they look like ok. What do you think ?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Likely droplink or ball joint. All can be awkward to inspect because once loaded with weight it may not be possible to move it but with all the motions of driving the ball joint knocks about.

A pry bar is the way to check. Find something to lever off and try get the joints to move.

• Like 2

As jake says mate, use a pry bar to check for play in the joints and drop links, as its the only way to tell if they are worn. Sight alone isnt enough. Another thing to check is for play in the front wheels (with the car on the ground as normal). Place your hands on the top of the tyre, and to the back. Give it a really good push pull.............any movement and the top wishbone has gone. Do this on both sides. Are the "D" bushes ok in the ARB? Again, you'll need to use a pry bar or similar to really see what movement there is, and the car will need to be off the ground at the front to check properly, so up on axle stands. Hope this helps ;-)