urgent help on brakes

hondasport

Question

Hi, today I replaced my brake pads, but there is a iron clip that holds the pads on their place that's broken. I think I got the right picture to show you guys what is broken. Normally it's the center piece on the brake caliper. Does anyone has the honda oem nr for this part? Now the clip is grinding on my rotor and it makes a lot of noise.

HOW-TO-FIT-BRAKE-PADS-PIC9.jpg

Hi guys, I contacted the honda dealer, but he can't get them, only comes in a kit with oem honda brake pads. If contacted all4honda, a dutch webshop, and they can get the part for me, so i'm really glad :) Problem solved

• Like 2

I know the genuine Honda brake pads come with these mate, but doubt after market ones will. Think its a brake pad retainer spring/clip, you can call Honda and ask if thyey sell these separate, but I imagine they'll come as a complete kit.

Are these necessary? I changed my pads and thoroughly cleaned the brakes last winter but can't remember that bit. I'll have to take a look today. But it looks like it's very thin metal, you might be able to bend it into the correct shape, well atleast you can do it to the little metal clips that are to the right of your part in the parts picture.