Central locking relay?

Z1ls

Question

Soo when i try to lock my doors with key and turn the key to left the doors lock but when i release the key and it goes to the normal position it opens the doors again, was googling for solution and some people said it could be central locking relay, but where can i find it in the MB6 VTI civic?

6 answers to this question

I'm unsure where the non keyless control unit/relay is sited (probably sited in one of the front doors ?)

Anyway, your problem is more likely to be a sticking or faulty door lock mechanism.

You could try slamming doors individually whilst a helper keeps trying to lock the car with the key.

Good luck :)

I should have the remote to open doors but i don't have it :/

and yeah maybe it isn't the relay... just so annoying to lock doors for like 5min before getting them really locked

Do the doors lock ok from inside the car, like if you sat in there with doors closed and used the wee button to lock them? If so, then take off the drivers door panel, and have a look at the actual lock from inside the door. Get someone to use the key to try and lock it whilst you watch whats going on with the lock. It could be something as simple as a small plastic clip, to being the actual barrel itself that needs replaced. From inside the door, you can give a good bit of WD40, and also from the outside, slide the key in just a little so you can get the tube on the WD40 can into the lock, and spray some from that side too. Give the lock a good working with the key, to work the fluid into all the parts. It might just be sticky ;-)

Do the doors lock ok from inside the car, like if you sat in there with doors closed and used the wee button to lock them? If so, then take off the drivers door panel, and have a look at the actual lock from inside the door. Get someone to use the key to try and lock it whilst you watch whats going on with the lock. It could be something as simple as a small plastic clip, to being the actual barrel itself that needs replaced. From inside the door, you can give a good bit of WD40, and also from the outside, slide the key in just a little so you can get the tube on the WD40 can into the lock, and spray some from that side too. Give the lock a good working with the key, to work the fluid into all the parts. It might just be sticky :wink:

Thanks, i'll try that next and yes it locks and opens fine from inside

• Like 1