Jimbobs VTiS

Just on the exhaust point, does anyone else have a tegiwa 2.5" decat fitted as mine no matter what I do Donut ring size wont seem to seal correctly im thinking of getting it welded directly to the Manifold as it is adjustable it slides off anyway, when I have an MOT I swap the Standard mani and cat back on to save Hassle and standard ECU.

Hi Jim, I have had the same problem with three tegiwa decats. It's like the flange has been welded on at an angle and not straight.

Guest jimbob738

Yeah what a piece of sh1t, I previously used Japspeed ones they sealed fine, what do you suggest mate?

sitting at lights the fumes are gasing me out and pretty sure its not helping with back pressure (velocity) tegiwa stuff is dog sh1te I have found that its badly manufactured never a straight fit.

I even bought one of there donut gaskets when I bought the decat and its bigger then 2.5" like waving a stick in the albert hall as to its sealing abilities.

Guest jimbob738

Hi Jim, I have had the same problem with three tegiwa decats. It's like the flange has been welded on at an angle and not straight.

I find that its positioned too far forwards so that the Flanged wont pull up to the Manifold flange using the spring bolts its just not a nice tight fit so I tried using RVT sealant which doesn't help just compounds the issue now its blowing.

The flange design on that looks a lot better. I would personally buy that instead of welding it to the manifold.

Yeah it does, suppose its less hassle as it is removable, what did you do with the Tegiwa Decats?

what's your opinion on sports Catalytic convertors?

I cut the flanges off and tig welded my own decats up, solid so no leaks at the slip joints.

Sports cats for me personally are a waste of money. If you want to free that power, decat is the way forward. The only advantage of the sports cat is it can pass the emissions test for the MOT once really really hot.

I cut the flanges off and tig welded my own decats up, solid so no leaks at the slip joints.

Mines leaking at slip joint. Can't seem to stop it!. Minor tho.

Big donut gasket blew out aswell least that's fixed.

BT that Ryan on fire stuff is real nice. I have manifold from him. Really well made.

Guest jimbob738

Hi Jake

Good to hear from you mate, I will be ready to meet up soon now im not ashamed of my civic ha ha, im on business in Manchester all week next week (premier inn 5 nights cuddling up to Lenny) when I get back I will PM you to arrange summot.

that ryan on fire stuff looks good yeah, the tegiwa brand is awful, makes me laugh how you go on the sites and they have these massive drift cars plastered all over them and you look at there products and think you never built that monster (normally an r32 skyline) out of that tin pot sh1te your selling Ha Ha.

• Like 1