koni

spudley1988

Yeah, still using it and i love it. Like i say I need more weight over the front wheels though. I had extended ball joints on the front around a year ago, and that dropped it back down - the handling and turn in was great, but I was getting rub again. When the ball joints died i went back to normal ones which meant the front lifted back up so front and back were pretty even, and I really noticed the difference in handling. Think taking the air con out has added to the change in weight balance.

Think that you'd have to find a local machine shop / engineering company and take a shock in for them to understand what you need.

From memory, the spacers are a thick disk (a bit like a polo), with a groove machined in so they sit on top of the spring clip on the shock and then the cup that holds the spring sits on top of the spacer.

Don't think I've got any pics of it.

@dr_broon Thanks I'll look into it. Might just contact Koni and see if they can help.

Hey there.

I got Koni Sport on my MB9 with Mad Sportive lowering springs and noticed that the rear left side was sitting higher about 10mm at full soft setting. I put the back shocks at full stiffness to check for anything different and the same side dropped all the way down (no space between tire and wheel arch), so i sent the rear shocks to the local koni garage. Just waiting for a response from them..

Now the deck has front koni and 1/2 turn stiff with the back on stock shocks and mad sportive springs. The ride itself is wonderful, not bouncy and the steering response is fantastic. 

I do recommend you get yours serviced. 

BTW gonna try out the Nankang NS-2R 195-50 R15 very soon, i'll leave some feedback sometime soon. 

I'm contemplating changing mine but grudge paying a fortune with the age of the car. Possibly find a set of used coilovers from an eg or something along those lines. Keep getting an urge for ep3 so don't want to blow to much on mb

Just going to add some more to this as i've got the 4-2-1 Manny on and its smashing off everything. Not sure what koni it is I've got but it's usual yellow shocks and blue springs?

From what I gather possibly changing springs to progressive springs could help? Or seen spacers mentioned. Anybody elaborate a tad more on either of these or point me in the direction of where to be looking. Can barely drive at 40 on some roads and manifolds whacking the ground.

Any more help, links or suggestions greatly appreciated

I Had Koni shocks and springs (not coilovers) on mine before i got the Meisters and they were bloody awful, would never have anything from koni ever again, putting the meisters on it totaly transformed the car. another one i would avoid now is D2 coilovers, a mate of mine has them on his DC2 and even on the softest setting they are really crashy to the point of being undrivable on some roads

I'd love meister r but grudge the price on the age of the car :-(

totaly get that and its the most money ive ever spent on a car in a single upgrade but I dont regret it for a second, best thing ive ever bought, also theres a discount for club members if you get the code from the sellers section of the forum

• Like 1

Possibly find a set of used coilovers from an eg or something along those lines.

I've got EG6 BC Racing coils on my deck and theyre wonderful. Look almost identical to Meisters too. Might be easier to source a set of those second hand than meisters, might be worth to take a look atleast?

I don't think I'd regret it once I'd bought them but I'd need to bite bullet and do it. I'd happily buy a decent second hand set from an eg as would be a tad cheaper and should be easy to find surely. Other option was these progressive springs?

if you go for DC2 (and EG i think) you need to swap the LCA's as well, also as far as i know meister has started doing finance plans if thats something you could do