Turbo..

Anyone on here got a turbod d series? I've got an mb3 d15 and I'm wanting to turbo it... Had abit of a look around I've heard that eBay turbo kits are really bad and won't last long but on YouTube there's loads of people who have done it and it doesn't seem to be such a taboo subject with the d series.. Surely if I bought the kit sold the turbo and bought something like a td04 off a Subaru or something it should be OK??

We did have a turbo'd D series a wee while back mate, was an Aerodeck. It was also an automatic! From the videos, it seemed pretty quick! Not sure if the member is still here as he sold it on I think, although he did seems to have quite a few problems with it. 

The ebay kits I've heard of so far have given nothing but trouble, so guess it's the same with anything from ebay, it's trial and error.

Cheers for the reply! Bet that was fun to mess around in haha not planning on keeping my mb3 for that long just going to use it as a run around and to mess about with quite fancy a turbod car but for insurance reasons I can't really buy a factory turbod car :\ might just get one and experiment with it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey dude a friend of mine has a boosted eg with a d13 and he's using an ebay kit. From what he's told me, they're ok as long as you fit some type of heavy duty seals to the turbo or something? Apparently they get really hot and don't have adequate cooling but once you sort that out they work nicely. 

• Like 1