Let Me See your Ride Heights!

Hondamad1988

Well a front shock has gone on the mgzs set up we have on our mb6, and I have a set of eibach 30mm springs in the garden so it's decision time.

I can a) buy two new front mgzs shocks, and fit the 30mm civic mb6 Eibach springs.

B) buy the Koni str kit from larkspeed which apparently come with laufours springs, and fit either eibach or laufours to Koni shocks.

Or C) buy set of four KYB oem style shocks designed for Mb6, and fit eibach to those.

So let's see your rides heights please! Mg/eibach, Koni str/ eibach, and mb6 shock/eibach.

Comments on ride quality would also be greatly helpfull, please hit me up with pics, I can't decide! Koni way would cost me 280, KYB standards all round 176, mgzs fronts only 100, tough choice

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally decided, bought a new set of MG ZS 180 front shocks to match the new ones I got on the rear earlier this year. 

So will be a full set of New MG ZS shocks with civic 30mm eibach pro kit fitted. In total it ends up totting up to £300 cost in total, similar to Koni kit from Larks but with better springs.

Will up date with pictures once fitted.

Annoyingly its my passenger shock that's gone and I thought the spare I had in the shed was a drivers side, new shocks have arrived and after lining them up it turns out my spare one was a passenger side, could of just fitted that and swapped springs weeks ago  banghead.gif1

Atleast I'll have a full spare set for the front now! 

Am I correct in assuming the top mounts are identical for the mb and mgzs? will re use the civic set if poss as in better condition.

where did you buy the MG shocks from?

I have a second hand set on my car but 2 of them have started leaking so need to think about this myself now, I still have the original shocks in good condition so might just buy lowering springs for them

the MG setup was perfect until now though so thinking of buying a new set.

Rears I bought of eBay last year, not sure if there still there.

Fronts, a company on ebay had a batch taken from the production line available:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-MG-Rover-Front-Shock-Absorbers-400-45-MGZS-NEW-ALL-MODELS-AVAILABLE-/370891591726?nav=SEARCHsee

Message him to see what he has available, there was only a couple of Mg Zs 180 shocks left when I messaged.

Alternatively you can still get the rears, and passenger front from Rimmerbros online, but they don't have any drivers fronts anymore.

TBH if I hadn't bought the rears new last year I would of gone for Koni str shocks, or Civic Mb KYB replacement shocks as these should be easier to get hold of in future. A Koni kit can be had for 280 from larkspeed. A set of 4 KYB can be got from mister auto for 170 but you'll need springs aswell.