Anyone re-trimmed their door card material?

ashy

Very interested to know how. What tools were used and what material?

Both my brothers Civic and my Rover 400 have loose door card material (and head linings too!). The Civic I could just buy any Civic, Rover 45 or MG ZS door cards. However with my Rover 400 I am a bit stuck as the interior is grey - which was not an option on the 45 or ZS, and most Civics are black interior too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ashy wondered if you had sorted your door card problem ? Mine has slowly been falling off all summer and also considered new material and found some on the net , at a price, but then would have had to do all the other doors too , Tried sticking it back but the heat inside in summer fetched it off , have since bought some high temp contact addisive  which was recomended to me by a restorer ,and will be trying that in the next few days. Hopefully cheaper than new material ,carn't help with the head lining.

derek

• 4 weeks later...

Nope not sorted it yet. I thought that this would have had more responses I must admit. Lots of Civics and Rovers I look at have this problem. The Rover 400 is terrible for it, worse than the Civic. The later 45/ZS seems bettter.

I plan on retaining my door cards with bride material if it's any thing like other civics all u really need is heat gun to melt the plastic clips on inside the door card put there on factory then reheat when putting it back together

Il let ya no how mine goes will be doing it in the next week