change springs/coilovers

spudley1988

Currently got koni shocks 8010 series i believe only dampening adjustable, isnt sold with springs as far as im aware so has unknown lowering springs on, front ends very low and back sits higher. Now do i gamble and change just springs hoping to find a happy medium or go purchase second hand set of koni fully adjustables?

The full koni adjustables aren't a bad price for coilovers the guys selling at a decent price. Springs would save me maybe 50 quid but I've no idea how low the springs are which are on. Emmm I'm on mobile so unsure how to add pics but I've Got a Topix up about my car shall try find

Mmm..looks like spring are sagging common with low end springs

Maybe Eibach 30mm springs from Germany

put standard springs back with the koni for winter snow and save up some £s

I got mine from Europe for the  S2000,much better price..

How do you want it to ride end of day, hard, low and non compliant <low end coilovers> or smooth and fast nearer to standard ride height with better adjustable damping :idea:

I sadly don't have any springs but iirc sure the springs are a dark colour? Will double check that though.

Would you think just changing springs could make a difference? I don't mind it being lower than standard but not smashing manifold and sump off the floor of you know what I mean lol. The koni fully adjustable coilovers won't be low end would they?

Dr Broom had issues ,can not remember tbh ?

Whers  a Doctor when you need one :-D

the Dr wrote

Finally got the spacers on my front koni shocks to lift the eibach springs a bit (thanks S88HON :D ) after a little modification. It's much better now, the wheels aren't disapearing into the arches anymore, no more rubbing and I can go over speed bumps without the mud flaps scraping off them... it's still a touch lower than the back, but not really noticable like before. I've also been able to soften the shocks because part of the reason for having them so stiff was to try and stop the scrapes. It's a much more enjoyable ride now... less like a go kart which I do miss a bit, but more grownup and still pretty tight. (I'll try and take some pics later).