Burbleboy's Accord

burbleboy

50 minutes ago, dogg1210 said:

No need to go back Ali the mighty bm has everything lol power looks comfort and something Hondas lack a lot off .......torque! 

This is my 1st bmw after a long relationship with Honda (7 of them). The Honda's are unique in the respect to their engines. No torque yes but from a drivers point of view, the B18 engines are fantastic, as is the handling, once modded. My Accord was built for looks, but soon realised i craved power and comfort. This is where the 335d steps in.

Its the small things that matter (says the wife!), the welcome lights under the door handles & angel eyes that welcome you when it unlocks. The two small amber down lights in the roof panel that gently light up the interior at night. Honda lacks the comfort and ingenuity of other makes.....in my opinion of course. 

The new Hondas just dont do it for me.

Having said that, my MB6 VTi-S will ALWAYS be my favourite car....as im a driver at heart ;)

• Like 2

I myself had a mb6 which i regret selling an ended up buying a bmw E60. Yea I enjoyed the BM but it never gave me that smile which I had in my mb6. After years of searching I bought myself an mb6 VTI-S. Best decision I made. 

Snapchat-1898059317.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, burbleboy said:

This is my 1st bmw after a long relationship with Honda (7 of them). The Honda's are unique in the respect to their engines. No torque yes but from a drivers point of view, the B18 engines are fantastic, as is the handling, once modded. My Accord was built for looks, but soon realised i craved power and comfort. This is where the 335d steps in.

Its the small things that matter (says the wife!), the welcome lights under the door handles & angel eyes that welcome you when it unlocks. The two small amber down lights in the roof panel that gently light up the interior at night. Honda lacks the comfort and ingenuity of other makes.....in my opinion of course. 

Having said that, my MB6 VTi-S will ALWAYS be my favourite car....as im a driver at heart ;)

Ali when I bought the vtis from you it was almost perfect. I think I improved the speed a bit with the s4c box box intake mani itr tb and different map. But the handling of that civic was just awesome. I love my bm as it's everything I need just now. If I had been in a better position money wise I wouldn't have sold the civic and kept it as a track car. 

13 minutes ago, dogg1210 said:

What mpg you getting from yours Ali 

42mpg on a easy run

35ish on fast squirts

Never had a total hooning session!

Ref civic, its completely different driving to the bmw, as i said before. Hated selling it but had to move on! Fantastic cars and would love one as a B road blaster...if i had the cash!

On 25/04/2018 at 5:55 PM, burbleboy said:

I've always ended up back with a Honda because it's got character and like you've mentioned, they're a drivers car.

I like creature comforts too but stuff like big dervs just don't keep my interest. Spent Saturday driving the old man's S Class, lovely motor, goes well (S320 CDi) but the autobox is too slow to react and its not really a lot of fun. Just an easy going cruiser with some punch.

31 minutes ago, Krzys said:

I've always ended up back with a Honda because it's got character and like you've mentioned, they're a drivers car.

I like creature comforts too but stuff like big dervs just don't keep my interest. Spent Saturday driving the old man's S Class, lovely motor, goes well (S320 CDi) but the autobox is too slow to react and its not really a lot of fun. Just an easy going cruiser with some punch.

I agree. The 335d however feels nimble as it is smaller but wider than my Accord. 

The new Hondas are electric steering this, electric handbrake that. Totally takes the drivers aspect away from driving IMO.

The old Hondas are the opposite, fantastic cars that make you feel special and you have to work for the rewards! I have had loads of Honda's, now time for a change for a bit!