Honda CR-V

philgor

In the new year, I fancy a new car, and after much though (OK, not a lot to be honest), I quite fancy a Honda crv. There doesn't seem to be much info on them out there, but there one of the better soft readers out there.

To be specific, I'm looking at the 2nd generation, 2002-06 years.

post-3815-0-45616000-1450906527.jpg

post-3815-0-39663100-1450906517_thumb.jp

I want an auto, the way I see it, I have an aerodeck to hoon(drive sensible) around in, eventually getting to the stage to rebuild it. And then a crv, for work duties and daily stuff.

I believe these have a K20 fitted? And you can't seem to find a 2.4 version.

The 2.2 diesel, it seems to be hit and miss, people going there the best diesel or the era, or horrible POS.

can you get the 2.2 with an auto box?

Is there anything else to look out for?

2.2 Derv is the same as the Civic, so whatever you can find out about them in that applies to the CRV as well I would have thought.

The K24 in these only makes about 160bhp, won't be hooning VTEC, but then again it's not a hooning car.

You can get the diesel 2.2 in Auto, but a quick look on Autotrader would suggest not in the second gen that you're looking at (2010 models coming up), cheapest starting at £10k, booooooo! 

2.2 Derv is the same as the Civic, so whatever you can find out about them in that applies to the CRV as well I would have thought.

The K24 in these only makes about 160bhp, won't be hooning VTEC, but then again it's not a hooning car.

You can get the diesel 2.2 in Auto, but a quick look on Autotrader would suggest not in the second gen that you're looking at (2010 models coming up), cheapest starting at £10k, booooooo!

I'll skip the diesel, looks like a K20 auto is the one I want, I wonder if I could bolt a supercharger on it....

• Like 1