Still scraping...

Paulvti

I had issues with the tyres hitting the arches in cornering and over bumps on the standard suspension when I fitted my rotas which are 7J 16" with 50mm side wall

So I gave myself a kick up the chuff to stiffen it all up with meisterR coilovers...

It looked awesome when I set it as low as it was BUT it was too low and scraped all over the place as in o couldn't even go round a corner without scrubbing the whole time! So I raised it by 25mm all round it sits a little higher than I want it too but thought it would cure this but NO with a single passenger in the car or hard cornering or bump it still scrapes and it's driving me mad! Anyone else run 7J wheels without any issues?

It's starting to dishearten me a little to be honest!

Hi all

It's definitely NOT the muflaps lol

I'm sure it's hitting the inner rear lips now unless I've got some absolutely ruined shot to bits bushes and ARB etc then it shouldn't still be doing this especially if everyone runs the same sort of setups without this issue! It's not stupid low at all actually I think it's quite high considering its on coilovers.... It's getting to the point where i want to hit the inner lip flat against the inner arch to see if that helps!

52D95188-655B-4E14-A6C8-816278C299EA_zps

Really strange mate, not a common problem with MeisterRs. The height looks to be around the same as my deck, and it runs perfectly fine on them. I did notice on the civic5 Crazzydawn memorial meet that it was grounding out going over this really undulating road we were all on, so at the first stop for photoshoot, I turned up the stiffness slightly. This cured it, not had any issues since.

How many clicks have you got the shocks set at front and rear?

Doesn't look like it should rub at all. Unless your wheels poke out a lot. What offset are they?

I used to run ET37 17x8.5" rears with lower ride height and without arch rolls. No rub. Had stretch tyres though...

205/50/16 7J ET40 that's what they are so no different to any of yours

I've stiffened the dampers so the rears are now set at 28 clicks and fronts are set at 26 clicks it has helped slightly but again cornering at speeds it still scrapes on the rears