Unable to sell my car, what is wrong?

h4mza

I’ve had my car for sale for a while since last year October and I’m not getting much interest. Just a couple of time wasters with lowball offers or not turning up. It’s an MB3 with low 73k mileage and fairly good condition with a few mods. I had it up for £850 then reduced to £500 now for quick sale as weathers soon to get good in next few months and I really want to go back to driving my MB6.

Here is my eBay advert.

I’m not advertising here, just want to seek advice on how I can help attract more interest. It is my first car and first ever time selling a car so I don’t know how things work really. Normally I see a lot of adverts with little or no description of good and bad points but I’m just 100% honest with mine. It is also on Gumtree and Facebook.

Could it be that I’ve removed half the mods or the bad points that put people off?

I always found my Ms hard to sale for good money and they were mb6s it's prob more down to the engine they all want the vti. Need to find someone Looking for a cheap daily or young person who can insure a mb6

Dunno mate - advert seems fair enough to me.

One picky point about the photos is that the blocks on the driveway give a weird reflection on the bottom panels. Might make the paintwork not look as clean as it is? Dunno.

You’re quite right, I don’t understand why MB6 VTi-S are very cheap compared to EK Jordan and VTi-S since they all were limited to 500 models plus MB6 is faster.

The car is saving me loads of money on fuel since I’ve parked my MB6. It uses less than what MB6 does haha. 

I’m gonna let run my advert until the end as sodding eBay charged me £15 to list it. If it doesn’t sell then I’ll keep it for a few months and put mods back which means my MB6 will be hibernating for a little longer :(

Nice looking car.  It's such a shame they don't seem to fetch much money these days.  They will have there day again in the future, looking on ebay at cars that used to be worth 300 quid 15 years ago, they are now fetching 3 grand!

• Like 1

Just the wrong time of year to sell it mate. As said above, most folk are still doing after Christmas etc so car market drops off until mid spring. Surprised at the lack of interest, as the 1.5's are a cracking m to buy. Great mpg and decent amount of performance. I'd considered the 1.5 a few times in the past!

Feel free to post it for sale in our classifieds all bud.

As above, no one has any money to spare this time of year, also people don't want to look at a car in the rain which it often does this time of year.

It'll sell but you'll have to be patient or take less money to move it quickly.