EBay turbo kit

dogg1210

It's mixed really, I know a guy who's had an eBay turbo kit on his MX-5 for nearly ten years without failure. Others explode immediately just unwrapping them!  WACK11111

But yes you can just change the turbo charger or even go down the second hand route for some parts. Many ways to skin this particular cat.

It's mixed really, I know a guy who's had an eBay turbo kit on his MX-5 for nearly ten years without failure. Others explode immediately just unwrapping them! WACK11111

But yes you can just change the turbo charger or even go down the second hand route for some parts. Many ways to skin this particular cat.

lol cheers man maybe something to think about then

Its the intake side of the turbo thats important as sometimes chinese turbos arent balanced n the compressor wheel breaks apart wrecking pipes intercoolers or worst case senario bits into the intake

Also the tuebo seals aren't great and likely to fail.

The manifolds apparently prone to cracking.

And parts such as BOV and external waste gates are crap aswell. I've had both eBay specials and we're naff so moved them on.

Altho I was considering this route myself. I changed my mind due to bad feedback from others.

Also had some good feedback tho so just a risk you will need to weigh up. Especially if car needs to be reliable for work etc.

Personally. I sold all my eBay parts and have saved and am now doing the job properly.

• Like 1

Racetech dont charge 3k for turbo set up do they??

when I called them just before Xmas he said it would be around 3k for drive in drive out turbo kit and that was a little cheaper as I already had the p28 ecu