Clutch MB3

Guest adrian976

Question

Guest adrian976

Hello everybody,

My name is Adrian, I live in Suceava, a small town in Romania. My car is a MB3 1.5, from 1999, 297.000km, and I have to change the clutch kit. Could you help me find out what type is the clutch? Is it 220mm with 24 teeth or 210mm with 20 teeth? The spare parts stores here don t have any idea what type is the right one, they have programs that show  both types would be good, and we don t have a Honda dealer. The VIN is SHHMB3740XU101920.

best regards,

Adrian

8 answers to this question

Guest adrian976

Thank you, EmZvr!

I was/am very confused. It seems that MB3 has different clutch types. Your clutch is Exedy, I suppose? I can't find this code în România. What do you know about Nexus clutches? I found this:NEXUS F14020NX.

It has only one clutch type. In fact all almost all d-series use the same clutch type. Yes, my clutch is Exedy, more specifically - 08022, it's the japaneese one and I bought it from USA.

http://www.amazon.com/EXEDY-08022-OEM-Replacement-Clutch/dp/B001B5DCO4You can order it from amazon too. Delivery is not so expensive and you don't have to pay taxes, customs and etc. You recieve it on your post service.

The european alternative is Exedy HCK2049 which will be easier for you to find.

I haven't heard of Nexus clutches. They seem too cheap to be good.

Guest adrian976

Here https://infopart.org/honda-civic-vi-fastback-ma-mb-1516vmb3-car/10151are the clutches for MB3. I wanted to buy Valeo 826380 (24 teeth, 220mm), it has a good price, but it seems it wouldn't fit, despite the fact that all auto sites and spare parts stores show it that is compatible.

About Nexus, you are right, I can't find much on google about them.

I prefer to buy the clutch kit from a spare parts store from my town.

Thank you, neighbour! If you ever come to Northern Romania it would be a pleasure to meet you.

You are right. In the Valeo catalogue they state it is compatible with D15Z8 and that it is 220mm, 24 teeth. This is very strange. But you got me intriguied, I'll write to Valeo and ask them about this. I'm curious to see what will they answer.

I really should visit Romania. Looks like a beautfiul country and it's just too close not to.