Mb6 -40mm lowering springs+mg zs shocks=???

J18bey

Found a great deal on a set of -40mm mb springs on the intranet tonight and I'm tempted to order them up. Problem is I plan to upgrade to mg zs 180 shocks in the future but I'm sure in the past I came across some info saying this -40mmMBspring/MGshock setup combined will end up in a total drop of 55mm??? I'll be running 15" wheels and want to keep it usable for everyday mundane family tasks so will this setup be any use?

Cheers.

I'm pretty sure someone's tried this before and there's some weird s**t occurs. Because of the different length of shock.

Maybe weetec's project thread???

Can ya search for mg zs lowering springs to accompany the mg shocks??

• Like 1

Cheers for the info. Too many options as what to go for. Thinking I'll buy mb6 lowering springs and use the standard shocks (until they die) along with a uprated rear anti roll bar and a couple of strut braces and hopefully make a decent improvement in the meantime? 

Yeah defiantly will. I used to have an mb6 ages ago. And until I bought coilies. I just had springs and mg anti roll bar. Was really fast car in the corners.  Very nice.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought eibach springs and installed them with the mgzs dampers., IT'S A BIG NO! Try compressing a big spring  in to a small space the result over compression and over expansion... And the warped springs were visibly to the naked eye on the rear...the fronts weren't bad due to engine load. So I just cut a coil of the rear but it went silly stiff and  made the front over react. 

• 2 weeks later...

mg shock with 40mm mg lowering spring = win.

When i get coilovers(because finance) ill have them set pretty close to how these are.

get the rear anti roll bar also.

with that suspension and no roll bar, the back end is, well, Interesting. 4 wheel drift occurs as i found out last thursday.