Civic5 open again......on brand new forum platform!

Dave

Well, it's taken longer than we thought, but we're back! We have carried out a major upgrade to the forum to the very latest IPS 4 platform, which has also seen us upgrade our server too.

So why upgrade? Well, as we have found, a lot of our members are visiting the forum using tablets and mobile phones. The problem being, our old forum wasnt any good on those devices, with no photo upload features available etc. So it wasn't very future proof. Plus, it was looking, well, old and crap!

This new forum has the perfect platform for mobile users, because all the features you use in the full screen version are right there in the mobile/tablet versions too. The whole layout is different too, looking very slick.

the gallery is also back! This time it's open to all members, and the most recent photos are shown across the top of the forum. So your car could be there for all to see! We still have our regular Members Cars section for more detail about your car so keep the project threads going! Oh, did we say that you can also upload Videos in the gallery too? lol Yes, you can also show off videos now. Hand with the summer approaching and the meets all starting!

We're still working on a few things in the forum so other pages etc will start to appear as we go along. You may find the forum is running a bit slower at the moment as it's got a load of background tasks running which is recompiling all the posts, topics and media. If you find any errors, let us know!

So, we hope you like the new forum and enjoy using it. We've invested big time in our goal of taking civic5 forward, but it's all worth it. So have fun and get posting!

Dave

• Like 2

Would it be possible to let us use emoji's Dave? Tried to post with one and just said its not allowed so I guess the software at least supports them?

• Like 1

It is quite smart eh! And took me a lot less time and work to do the scheme compared to the old forum......................which was pants! lol

After a bit more play have to say that I really like it. 

2 hours ago, Dave said:

We've invested big time in our goal of taking civic5 forward

So where is that donate button that we were on about a while ago ;)

• Like 1

lol it may make an appearance later mate, and thanks. Nice to see this whole thing being appreciated. Think with this software we're gonna be around for a long time yet!

(ps: and I've been chocked solid with the flu since Sunday, worst I've ever had! The thought of doing this was, well, not something I was relishing tbh! But it was booked to be done then so had to just get on with it!)

• Dave unpinned this topic