EP3 Build *Updated*

blacksport01

Hello all. Thought i would start a thread here as there is a section for it. Have had a couple of wild ideas for this car but decided to keep it as a car which i use daily and mod it gradually. Some of you may have seen the thread on Hondaclub UK and others will have seen me at the Civic 5 Birthday meet.

Anyway I have owned my Civic Type R for about a year now with about 42k on the clock i think it was.

This is when i first brought it. It is filthy in these pics as it didnt have its valet at this point

SNC00020.jpg

SNC00022.jpg

SNC00025.jpg

SNC00024.jpg

The only problems it has are stone chips which have gone a bit rusty on the bonnet and a crease in the o/s/r (drivers side rear) wing again with a spot of rust all of which i have just touched up for the time being

The bonnet

SNC00021.jpg

and the crease

SNC00023.jpg

The only other thing that was needed was front discs and pads which i replaced straight away with standard ones.

The month after i brought her i went out and brought a 2nd hand AEM CAI induction kit for about £130 i think it was and was close to brand new with just a few marks on the piping. Makes the engine bay look empty as it sits in the passenger wheel arch away from the heat the engine creates

Standard

100_0436.jpg

AEM CAI fitted

100_0447.jpg

100_0446.jpg

Next up was give her a really good clean as the valeters didnt do the best of jobs. This is how she turned out

100_0429.jpg

100_0428.jpg

100_0430.jpg

100_0431.jpg

Next step was to get a exhaust system but this didnt go as planned lol. I brought a 2nd hand magnex cat back system with a unsilenced b pipe.

SNC00029.jpg

SNC00031.jpg

I went for the OEM look with the same tailpipe design but with a slash cut instead of straight cut. However i couldnt stand the noise it made as the car is used daily it was so loud so put the standard centre pipe back on and left the back box on the car.

Then i decided i wanted to decat it so brought a brand new scorpion decat pipe and fitted that.

SNC00052.jpg

SNC00055.jpg

Again this came off quite soon after as i couldnt put the engine light off. A new ECU and remap was req'd. Didnt want to go down the route of fooling the standard ECU. So now im left with a standard exhaust with aftermarket back box (back to square one really )

I have also had 2 new front tyres (toyo tr1's) fitted by this point

Next up was to fit my adjustable rear camber arms

100_0489.jpg

Big thanks to funky power for the service (very quick delivery) and also to Ad (jalesi2001) for giving me a hand fitting them.

They went on pretty easy with no problems.

Before:

100_0493.jpg

After:

100_0492.jpg

And new against old:

100_0490.jpg

Once they were fitted it was straight down to get my rear tyres replaced with toyo t1r's and have the 4 wheel alignment done.

100_0494.jpg

It is so nice to have a nice quiet car now without a rumbling noise constantly. So now i might be able to buy a few things i actually want :lol:

Next up i thought i would give the exhaust another shot :lol: So 3rd time lucky ive got a cat back exhaust im happy with. Its custom made by powerflow and isnt too loud. Brought it for £150 off a good customer of ours. He had it made and everything for £250 then a week or 2 later took it back off as it was too loud for his kids so now i have it

No pics yet as it was probably the quickest exhaust me and ad have changed. Its gone back to a standard look with straight cut tailpipes

And this is how she looks at the moment

100_0498.jpg

100_0499.jpg

100_0500.jpg

I think ive covered everything for now. Might have some Recaro seats for it at the end of the month

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Very quick update. Ive been telling myself im going to get a new rocker cover as my red one is starting to flake off so i went out and brought one :D

This is what it looks like. The pics dont show its true colour its a yellow/green colour but am looking at getting it done spoon yellow now (ill make my mind up soon :lol:)

100_0533.jpg

And Fitted

img_0017.jpg

All opinions welcome it will probably be changed :lol:

Archived