EP3 Build *Updated*

blacksport01

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really sorry to hear this mate. I take it the only route now is another engine? The bad bit is that now you dont have your old engine to sell on to recoup the costs. That has deffinately put me off them long arm kits for life. Just not worth the risk. All that dmage was done when you were just plodding along, can you imagine the damage if you'd been upto motorway speeds! scary stuff indeed! :o Hope you get her sorted mate

Really sorry to hear this mate. I take it the only route now is another engine? The bad bit is that now you dont have your old engine to sell on to recoup the costs. That has deffinately put me off them long arm kits for life. Just not worth the risk. All that dmage was done when you were just plodding along, can you imagine the damage if you'd been upto motorway speeds! scary stuff indeed! :o Hope you get her sorted mate

x2 hope you can sort something out dave :(

Yea stay away from long arm intakes they arent worth it as you can tell. The only option i have now is a new engine really (cheaper to replace it as well) the bloke should be sending me a replacement engine out on monday so i should recieve it wednesday hopefully. The only thing i can sell from my engine is the head really everything from the head gasket upwards is fine. Most stuff from head gasket downwards is damaged in some way.

So if you know anyone who wants a damged K20 bottom end i got one going cheap :D:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
How you getting on mate? Back on the road yet?

It is sort of. It drives fine but....if i hold the revs at about 4-4.5k at high speed like on a motorway the engine light goes crazy and keeps flagging up misfire codes though it drives perfectly fine. If you go through the revs its fine its only when you sit at around 4k. I think the timing chain is stretched. Ive put coils,plugs,injectors,fuel rail,fuel filter,vtc solenoid, adjusted tappets and still no difference. Gradually building a new engine :lol: . Im going to fit a new chain, guides, tensioner and put my head off my old engine as that is good when i get the time. If its all good after that i might get back to modding. I miss the induction roar as ive got standard intake on it now

Yours looks stunning as well. Love them in red i just wouldn't keep on top of it and would end up with a pink one :lol: but fair play ad has told me about it and it sound like a good one

Dodgey earth maybe mate? 4.5 k could just be the engine vibrating just enough to cause a bad contact? And when you rev it it pushes through it too quick to register? Guessing though, still learning the EP3's ;) Thought if the chain stretched out of tolerance it went to limp home mode.

The car is a good one, feels quicker than my last one, after my crash though, I'm a little paranoid about the noises, which the EP3 lets you hear all too well ;) It's got the dodgey starter motor grind issue 1st thing on cold morning, but I've been told it's not worth looking at! In for a service tomorrow, that will set my mind at rest as I bought 3 years warranty, and it's only valid with a proper stamped book (otherwise I hate paying people for stuff I can do myself!)

I said I'm not doing too much with this one, but then I got home and thought.... oooh. And there's a real CF centre console on ebay at the min, damn tempting :) I'll probably replace the parts for better bits as and when they die, exhaust susp etc.....

Colour is lush. PITA, but damn good lucking :) Bit like my Mrs!

Dodgey earth maybe mate? 4.5 k could just be the engine vibrating just enough to cause a bad contact? And when you rev it it pushes through it too quick to register? Guessing though, still learning the EP3's ;) Thought if the chain stretched out of tolerance it went to limp home mode.

The car is a good one, feels quicker than my last one, after my crash though, I'm a little paranoid about the noises, which the EP3 lets you hear all too well ;) It's got the dodgey starter motor grind issue 1st thing on cold morning, but I've been told it's not worth looking at! In for a service tomorrow, that will set my mind at rest as I bought 3 years warranty, and it's only valid with a proper stamped book (otherwise I hate paying people for stuff I can do myself!)

I said I'm not doing too much with this one, but then I got home and thought.... oooh. And there's a real CF centre console on ebay at the min, damn tempting :) I'll probably replace the parts for better bits as and when they die, exhaust susp etc.....

Colour is lush. PITA, but damn good lucking :) Bit like my Mrs!

Thats another suggestion i havent checked to be honest. I haven't rechecked the earths. Ive gone as far as putting a ecu in it. checked the oxy sensors today and they were fine but did find a oil leak :cry: which i think is the driveshaft oil seal and my drivers front wheel arch sits a lot closer to the wheel than the passenger side so im hoping thats just how the spring has settled as they arent that old.

I know what you mean with the starter mine wakes up the neighbourhood every morning :lol: but yea dont panic the EP's have loads of noises but nothing to worry about most of them are simple to fix.

Archived