Hi everyone it's been about a week or so since I joined Civic5 so thought it was about time that I started a build thread. The Mb's been in my family since new and has been kept standard and well pampered it's whole life but after 16 years could be doing with a few upgrades so it can keep up with its modern day counterparts. Apart from a ABS sensor, couple of saggy doorcard fabrics and some lacquer peel on the spoiler its pretty much straight onto upgrades. Once I've got my Impreza out the garage and back on the road at the end of the month the civic will be going in and getting stripped down/rebuilt. Main focus is going to be on the suspension/brakes as at the moment they can only be described as tragic! Had originally planned on a ATR spoiler and Accord sport wheels but decided I'm going with something completely different now.

Anyway enough talking here's some pics.......

post-7926-0-29993100-1456092619_thumb.jp

First job is to definitely sort out the tailgate!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I not had much of a chance recently to get much done on the civic but decided to get my finger out at the weekend and got a decent bit done. First off binned the old pioneer head unit in favour of something more modern then a short shifter and gear knob to finish things off inside.

I spent a good couple of hours cleaning the engine bay and gave the rocker a quick spray black just to tidy it up in the meantime (sorry forgot to take pics)

Then I finished off by de-badging/removing the tacky stickers on the tailgate, new reg plates, cleaning all the door sills and giving the bumpers and skirts a good polish, was surprised at how well they came up but now the colour difference between the rest of the car really stands out. I've got some new vtec decals in black for the rear doors so next job will be to get the rest of the paintwork polished and get the new decals on.

i managed to pick up four used abs sensors for £40 last weekend from a car getting broken so finally be able to get the light out aswell.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here's a picture of the engine bay. Still to do the engine block but the bay itself looks 10x better. The rocker got a quick tidy up and sprayed black as it was looking sorry for itself. Finally cleared the garage so have space to work on the car now.

image.jpg

image.jpg