Progress so far Karen's mb2

Kazgti

Osram Nightbreaker bulbs on dipped with blue led sidelights (blue not showing in pic). Think I'll go get them adjusted 

tomorrow, looking like they'll make huge difference to night driving :) @Dave

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking good Karen! Grill looks way better, and loads of nice we mods you've got so far. Regarding the bonnet height, if memory serves me right there should be rubber adjustable stops that you can turn to get it sitting lower? Not sure how much adjustment you'll have with the bonnet catch. Think it's maybe down to who ever repaired her in the past has maybe not spent enough time lining things up properly, but you should be able to get it sitting better than it is just now. Does the front slam panel look like it's been replaced at some point? The two front wings appear to have been replaced so quite probable that has too. Might mean more fiddling to get it all sitting nice and flush. Excellent progress so far though!

Thanks for the encouragement - think I detect a nice wee Scots accent there ;) 

Was out polishing earlier, bonnet is pretty

crap, scratched and paint so thin it's almost gone. Considering a Pirates Black one. 

Booked in for headlight adjustment soon so hope not to annoy anyone at night.

As its been cat C three times I think the front end has most likely seen a lot of 

action lol, the rubber stops appear to be set as low as they'll go. 

• Like 1

lol can't escape my accent! lol If the rubber stops are as low as they'll go, then it might be worth seeing if the catch can be moved down slightly. Again, not sure if there's room for adjustment on those but imagine there must be some. If that doesn't fix it then it could be the front panel has been badly fitted so getting things to line up will be hard. All trial and error I guess, seeing what gets it sitting right.

Garage I used to use gone bust so went to one more local. O/s light ok, n/s was going to the moon he said lol. 

Anyway job done and he didn't charge, just said take a business card. I know where I'm going for the MOT in couple months time. Apparently blue led side lights aren't legal. How I wish the bulbs were easier to get at!! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. Back to work 

tomorrow 4x12hrs then 12 days off :D 

Will take a look then. 

I have found that sitting on the bonnet works well ;) 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2016 at 4:31 PM, Kazgti said:

I have found that sitting on the bonnet works well ;) 

LMAO Well, you could maybe employ someone to drive around while you sit on the bonnet, or employ someone as a bonnet mascot while you drive. job done! lol :laughing1:

Lmao prefer driving to sitting on bonnet :smile:

Lowered catch and raised bumper with few extra washers earlier, slight improvement, changed blue led sidelights for white, dont want to upset plod. (Shame though they looked good)

On my 12 days release for good behaviour, all set for few days in Liverpool, staying with friends whilst checking out a few houses, planning on moving North :)

• Like 1