Honda Civic mb 1.4i S reverse inhibitor

Dragonfly17

Question

Hi does my civic have a reverse inhibitor as I have been driving a 6 speed manual for awhile and moved the gear stick towards reverse thinking There was a 6th gear while moving  , I never released the clutch but it made a slight crunch noise would I have damaged anything 

3 answers to this question

Possibly very slight damage but nothing that's going to cause any concern long term. I did this a few times myself jumping from my 6 speed civic to my 5 speed civic. It should be fine mate unless you've noticed anything happening since?

• Like 1

So I should be ok then? ,do they come with an inhibitor to lock out reverse ? I only gently moved it and  pressed against reverse lightly I never fully engaged reverse  and the clutch was still fully pressed when I did this . I don't seem to have any problems I tried reverse 3 or 4 times when I got back on the drive and it seemed fine . 

Yeah, you wouldn't be able to go fully into reverse mate whilst the cars traveling forward at speed. There were some really old cars you could do that in though.....with disastrous results!

• Like 1