S1 JDM Nissan Stagea

VTISmichael

The tuner was greg at protuner in coventry, hes saying 2nd of september now, sooooo far away!!

Well got the bov boss and inlet boss welded, and chopped & fitted the 3" turbo inlet pipe.

She idles and revs woohoo!! Bit of a ticking sound, either turbo gasket blowing, air pocket or pipe rattling checking that out another day well happy!! :D

Plan now is too book it into DI racing to get the strut tops done, which means hiring a car trailer, hopefully this month..

20160630_165131.jpg20160630_165322.jpg20160630_173139.jpg

• Like 1

Great stuff!

There's a place at Southend on sea called RK Tuning where my mates R32 GTR is currently having forged internals done and a bigger turbo etc. Might be worth a shout?

• Like 1

Took it to the shops eariler, that flutter sputter sound which a tuner i know rekons its a gasket flappin about, might have to stomach it and pull it all off and see its coming from.

Got a rear sunroof on the way finally as parts of the rubber are missing not gd!

Update, decided that the flapping was from the duel manifold gaskets i put on, first was the multi layer metal gasket which was on there already and the new s**tty metal coated card style gasket, that was the problem! So i had to remove it all just about, pulled the mani out enough to pull the crap gasket out and bolted it all back, tho now the downpipe holes didnt quite match the turbo threads! :x So i decided to drill the 8.1mm holes to 10.3mm (only drill i had left as the 316 stainless broke/blunted the other drills i had) and it went back on easier. Using the new stainless hose clamps which are much better than jubilee clamps, turned it over and much better! :-D and holding more pressure as well happy days.

Hopefully speaking to MGT about getting it remapped for possibly mid august now :D and booked a trailer to take it to DI racing to get the strut tops done in 2 weeks.

Oh finally got hold of another rear sunroof yay when i took my old one off it was rusting on the inside!!

20160706_180120.jpg20160706_180113.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picking up the trailer tomorrow to take it to cambrigde for the strut top work, then on the following sat dropping it off in convetry for mapping on monday! Exciting and expensive times lol

Tops done, happy with the work but not with the colour but i can re do that later, also not happy with the £180 for the transport to MGT, he put it in for an MOT and it passed :D

Off to MGT tomorrow and i go up monday to do the mapping, ill do some vids yay!

finish strut tops 2.jpgfinish strut tops.jpg

Edited by VTISmichael
pics added