S1 JDM Nissan Stagea

VTISmichael

Grant i spoke to him the other day asked him about it and there isnt a bov, it just comes thru the air filter, unless its hidden behind the bumper im sure it doesnt have one.

Went to motor parts direct to see if they had a battery but didnt but noticed a wire not conncted to anything, followed it and 1 wire was joint connected to the washer pos/neg and the other was cut back to nothing! so i chopped it and i feel better :P

56e84343961e4_2016-03-1516.52.48.thumb.j

More bits, new grill fitted which was easy, the exhaust tip insert came too, took quite a few shaves from the grinder to get it to fit, bloody stainless was a pain to drill but all bolted in, i would of pushed it in further but it was bent on inside about 2" down right nect to the bumper it has to go there. Battery ordered, my first skyline gt selected part lol :P

Grill now black :D

56e99f122c7a1_2016-03-1611.22.45.thumb.j56e99f181e4ac_2016-03-1611.25.56.thumb.j56e99f1f46d11_2016-03-1611.26.04.thumb.j

Is this right ?? B)

56e99f279a9dd_2016-03-1616.48.38.thumb.j

Now in and half the noise much nicer for during the week, tight fit so i dont know im getting it out WACK11111

56e99f2f1b2e3_2016-03-1617.29.20.thumb.j

Edited by VTISmichael

well the owner said that the bloke at pro tune said it wasnt an issue, i always thought it was harmful to the turbo as its making it kick out the excesses boost ?

The car is so much quieter now, all i hear now is the huge suction from the turbo :D lol

Battery came, decided i didnt want to loose power so i rigged another battery on jump leads to the clamps and swapped the old nasty(570) for the New(610) battery and much better :)

56eaef81ea9bf_2016-03-1716.17.30.thumb.j

Yes, no BOV, even a recirculating one, is harmful. Even standard they'd have come with some form of recirculating valve surely? 

Bassically when you are at WOT and close it off, all that pressure between turbo outlet & TB has no where to go and rams itself back into the compressor housing .. = reduced life of said turbo ..

Hearing it though mate, im nearly convinced you do .. Just may be hidden!

the only place i havent looked is under the bumper, ill look on sat if i have the energy too, im on the GTR forum now :rolleyes: 2 of them have said my exhaust bung is a no no as it will cause DET which is not gd so i have removed it for now. If it really doesnt have BOV i will have to put one in, i know a mate who has a hks one too :D

They also said on the gtr forum about my front strut tops, went to see the jap nut at my local garage(he has a mk1 aristo 430hp) he said they wont pass an mot, he said if i can find a scrap skyline cut the tops out and he'll weld them or he can just mak a plate. Ive posted on the gtr forum to see if anyone advise me on whats gd & where is gd.

Also joined the Jap outlaw forum, they do a few all round jap meets in my area could be fun.

Showed some mates the stagea today, revved it with the bonnet open, im 90% sure its coming out the filter now, the bov bit of pipe is blocked off so i will fit one now, looks like i will be calling abbey motorsport soon see what sort of quote they give me for a strut top repair, i could proby source some and have them welded elsewhere but ill see what abbey say first.

Tried it on 1.4bar today and wow feels alot faster!! lol WACK11111

• Like 1