Weetec CRV

weetec

Hi people, my crv.. I  ended up with a crv 2002 . needed it as civic mb's were to smalll for my 10yr,4yr,and 2yr old kids. (I'll take family planning seriously next time) :lol:...  Never looked back. Wish I bought the 05-06 for its upgrades but the headlights ain't nice compared to the 02.

Flat floor pan great for rear seat passengers.

Stereo is far to reach however great for a 7inch double din screen. 

Average 50-55miles to £10.

Rear seats recline so great if kids fall asleep. Great child seat legroom. 

huge torque 

It slips power to the rear when front wheels loose traction. . Great for  launches on wet junctions! Grumbles a bit but it's on 110k now and Iv done 10k of that no problems. 

Spare wheel is now in boot so making the boot door and parking easier. 

It's got a huge picnic table in the back but I took it out. (spare wheel raised the floor 2inch) 

Noisy cabin but hey can have it all... Had to lower it on h&r springs. It was all over the show. 

Energy engine mount inserts fitted. 

It's no fast ride but bags of torque. 

Nice sitting high up. Easier getting in and out.. 

The big s**tter is the rear door, wished it opened up and not out! But the rear glass opens up like the Eg's. (that's why I took rear wheel off a si I can stretch in both sides. 

Sadly tdi North told me it's ECU is un- mappable. Consider it a D-series of the modern K civics with a mild vtec crossover. 

Warning! Exhaust cam suffered premature lobe  wear! Happens to all early crv's. Got mine swopped just in time as I was looking under the cam cover and nearly had a heart attack. Picture below 

Spoiler off ctdi model fitted pic below 

Screenshot_2016-03-19-07-21-24.png

Screenshot_2016-03-19-07-21-48.png

Screenshot_2016-03-19-07-22-42.png

Screenshot_2016-03-19-07-23-16.png

Screenshot_2016-03-19-07-23-11.png

Tidy Crv mate. Didn't know about the premature wear on the cam, pretty poor effort on Honda's part that. Looks weird not seeing a spare wheel on the rear, I take it the split window doesn't open if the spare wheel is on the door?

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Tidy Crv mate. Didn't know about the premature wear on the cam, pretty poor effort on Honda's part that. Looks weird not seeing a spare wheel on the rear, I take it the split window doesn't open if the spare wheel is on the door?

It does but you can't access the boot from both sides with it on. It's more of an aesthetic thing. Japanese and the Philippines got this model. I just made my own. 

images.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, weetec said:

Warning! Exhaust cam suffered premature lobe  wear! Happens to all early crv's. Got mine swopped just in time as I was looking under the cam cover and nearly had a heart attack. Picture below 

Screenshot_2016-03-19-07-21-48.png

Bloody hell, mines a 2005 with 82k on the clock, will have to pull the cover off at some point,  glad I bought mine from a dealer.

The rear diff, change and flush the oil to honda's duel pump fluid, that seems to cure it. 

12 hours ago, philgor said:

Bloody hell, mines a 2005 with 82k on the clock, will have to pull the cover off at some point,  glad I bought mine from a dealer.

The rear diff, change and flush the oil to honda's duel pump fluid, that seems to cure it. 

That was allmost another heart attack! I changed mine twice. It would judder under tight slow acceleration. Fixed now. Don't worry about the cams on yours. It was really only the earliest models. 

Also tegiwa do the chain, tensioner and all three guides for like £250 delivered. Genuine honda too. Retrofitted a front lip... Just some front foglights to fit. 

1458472656022-1277090886.jpg

• Like 1