UnicyclingTom

Show us your (push) Bikes and general biking chat!

Resurrection of a previous thread that was lost in the move of the forum platform.

As you might have guessed, I'm even more into my bikes than cars!

So...show us your Bikes!

• Like 2

First up is my Mountain Unicycle.

A 24" wheel Nimbus.

SDC14132.jpg

SDC14127.jpg

I've successfully ridden Blue and Red graded mountain bike trails with this beast of a machine! 

Great fun. But absolutely exhausting!

• Like 1

Next machine in my fleet is my ride to work hack!

A single speed Cyclocross bike, a Genisis Day 01

20150418_184127_zps2sjdvxuf.jpg

Love this Bike, it just works!

Single speed??? Didn't even know they did single speed bikes that style mate! Must be hard going though. It always amazes me how you manage to stay on the unicycle on rough tracks......I wouldn't even be able to stay on on smooth roads! lol Must look mad!!!!

Next is a bike that I wanted for many, many years.

In 2007 they released a limited edition 20th anniversary run of only 200 frames.

I managed to get hold of frame number 41.

So I bought just the frame and set about building it exactly the way I wanted.

So here is my '07 Orange Clockwork limited edition. 

In original build....

P1010001.jpg

After a few years of abuse and a few replacement bits!

20150504_081815_zpsh6ulhmng.jpg

And even more recently in use as a tow bike so my small boy can join in!

DSC_0184_zpsxtwe8abh.jpg

Double trailer for the win! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dave said:

Single speed??? Didn't even know they did single speed bikes that style mate! Must be hard going though. It always amazes me how you manage to stay on the unicycle on rough tracks......I wouldn't even be able to stay on on smooth roads! lol Must look mad!!!!

Because I'm 'Boss' Dave :P

• Like 1

Then, there is the bike that I've owned the longest.

A 1993 Kona Cindercone.

This bike is currently in bits awaiting restoration.

One day it'll look like this again!

8.jpg

• Like 1

Bloody hell! You'll need krzys truck license to drive that double trailer! Looks almost as long as the deck. Like the look of that orange one mate, looks cool. Faith (my future step daughter) has informed me Ive to get my bike sorted out as we're all going bike riding, few tracks down our way that are meant to be quite good. Won't post a pic of my bike (even though it's almost brand new) because it's pants and I have no pics of it! It's an el'cheapo mountain bike.

• Like 1

And the latest purchase.

My stunning Orange Segment mk2 RS, with full Hope upgrades and a factory wheelset.

I test rode a Mk1 back in October and I loved it.

So it was ordered about 5 weeks ago, and I picked it up on my Birthday last Tuesday.

IMG_20160323_184720_zpsbdtawwsh.jpg

I manged to squeeze in a 30 mile ride the Day I picked it up.

DSC_0403_zpsqtste240.jpg

Then another lunchtime ride in the week, then on Saturday into Sunday I rode it 157.3 miles from Devises to Westminster! 

DSC_0434_zpsbiofaxed.jpg

DSC_0451_zpsykhm2g2z.jpg

I love this bike, it's everything I've ever wanted from a mountain bike and more, can't wait to get out on it again! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave said:

Bloody hell! You'll need krzys truck license to drive that double trailer! Looks almost as long as the deck. Like the look of that orange one mate, looks cool. Faith (my future step daughter) has informed me Ive to get my bike sorted out as we're all going bike riding, few tracks down our way that are meant to be quite good. Won't post a pic of my bike (even though it's almost brand new) because it's pants and I have no pics of it! It's an el'cheapo mountain bike.

So long as you ride it. Who cares if it's el'cheapo!

Only ever been out on it once mate. The good intentions were there, was gonna start using the bike a lot more. Got a bloody puncture and a slight buckle to the back wheel on that first outing so I threw it in the shed in disgust! lol Haven't seen it for about two and a half years! I hate the wheels that are on it, really thin looking and even the tyres look crap. Would I be able to fit better/more expensive wheels and tyres to it? Would love to do a brake conversion on it to discs but that lot will probably cost more than the actual bike did when new!

Love the wheels on your new bike! Whole bike looks awesome.

And 157 miles on the bike!!! Mad!!!!

8 hours ago, Dave said:

Only ever been out on it once mate. The good intentions were there, was gonna start using the bike a lot more. Got a bloody puncture and a slight buckle to the back wheel on that first outing so I threw it in the shed in disgust! lol Haven't seen it for about two and a half years! I hate the wheels that are on it, really thin looking and even the tyres look crap. Would I be able to fit better/more expensive wheels and tyres to it? Would love to do a brake conversion on it to discs but that lot will probably cost more than the actual bike did when new!

Love the wheels on your new bike! Whole bike looks awesome.

I'd need some photos to answer the questions Dave.

You are not a huge fat bloke,  so I suspect the buckle was caused by a poorly built wheel.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave said:

And 157 miles on the bike!!! Mad!!!!

I did 236 miles last week!!

:tom:

• Like 1

Yeah, the wheels look really flimsy on it mate. I'll get a pic of it soon (and no laughing!) lol  If it can be beefed up a bit would be cool. It's not going to be doing any hardcore off roading, just basic trails and on the road.

This has made me realise I dont have many pics of my bikes and I need to rectify that, shameful really as I prefer them to my cars and I have hundreds of pics of my cars. The only one i can find (and I had to nab it of facebook) of any of my bikes:

My daily hack, steel frame single speed Pearson Hanzo. A beautiful bike to ride

410917_10150666729807653_1667120497_o.jpg

• Like 1

Absolutely love that Orange btw. Didn't know they did a reissue of it. Definitely one the most iconic (and one of my favourites) bikes of the 90's

• Like 1

Another single speed! I'm behind the times on bikes, didn't realise the single speeds were available again, last single speed I saw was a really old thing. Is that the special volvo safety paint on the mudgaurds? Looks really bright!

yay! loving the daily tom! and how tough was that 157 miles? or was it fairly spaced out?

and liking the retro as well, ive inherited my dads 1992 specialized sport rock ( I think) and I used it as my daily for college, was the perfect ratio for the roads in to town a nice 3x6 setup haha

On 30/03/2016 at 9:25 PM, aroncmc22 said:

Absolutely love that Orange btw. Didn't know they did a reissue of it. Definitely one the most iconic (and one of my favourites) bikes of the 90's

Yeh. I love it still after all these years!

On 30/03/2016 at 11:14 PM, fyfie5 said:

yay! loving the daily tom! and how tough was that 157 miles? or was it fairly spaced out?

Mate,  it hurt. Especially the final 20 into a headwind. My knees wouldn't let me put any power in!

Cleaned it.

Good value now at £18 a mile!!

DSC_0454.JPG