Hello Everyone,

I've got to change my O2 sensor for the exhaust manifold one. I don't really want to buy a £250 one from dealers. I've tried to look around and best I found was this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181503439204

NGK one (NGK0299) - OZA333-H26, Can someone tell me if this will suffice? Its for a Mc1 aerodeck 1.6 vtec 125 D16W4 engine. Some places I see 4 or 5 pin. 500m, 650mm, 350mm ,320mm. My car is a 1999 if that helps. I have tried the search but couldn't find a solid answer. Any more questions please fire them my way

Many Thanks

Hello Aman - got the same problem at the moment, see my topic below.

I took the connector off to check that mine is a 5 pin wired sensor - and the best price I've seen is about £140.

What code do you have ?

Pete

Hello Pete,

Umm I've not taken my connectors off. I may do that tomorrow and get back. Code wise I had dealer diagnose this but they said I got Catalyst low efficiency which seems to be P0420 I think? I've found an NGK one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181503439204

but not sure if its for my car. I have D16W4 engine so may be correct.

Still no luck. I've been looking everywhere, but cannot find a good answer as to whether we can use any o2 sensor that mentions D16. As in I've seen one that is for D16Y7 but I've got a D16W4 or I've seen one for a D16B2 but can I use it for mines. Any help would be much appreciated as its over £250 at dealers for one ?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Car is running so crap with the light on. it was fine when I done ECU reset and light was off for a under 50 miles and ran soo good. Light on and it sounds rough and feels a bit slow.

P.S. Pete I've got a 4 pin connector.

Hi Aman,  Your cheapest route to success would be to fit one of these :

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/angled-lambda-sensor-spacer.html  

If that doesn't work......you'll have to start looking at sensors or CAT replacement.

BTW the above lambda spacer means P0420 no longer plagues my car.

Hello Gel,

But would this lead to failing emissions test? I don't mind getting the spacer. Would you recommend 90 or 120 degree?

Thanks,

Aman

I'd imagine an MOT tester would frown upon such a spacer ?.....if the oxygen Police start flagging me down I'm confident my car will pass without the "cheat"..............my car used to throw P0420 when I travelled more than 7 miles or thereabouts so I had no problem getting through the emissions test once I erased P0420 and reset the ECU values.

I used the 90 degree spacer.

1 hour ago, Gel said:

I'd imagine an MOT tester would frown upon such a spacer ?.....if the oxygen Police start flagging me down I'm confident my car will pass without the "cheat"..............my car used to throw P0420 when I travelled more than 7 miles or thereabouts so I had no problem getting through the emissions test once I erased P0420 and reset the ECU values.

I used the 90 degree spacer.

haha, yeah I can appreciate that. I just wanted the car to run properly. What I'm gonna do is try some cataclean and get some prices for parts from dealers and report back

PO420 can just be an oversensitive downstream O2 sensor. I regularly get that code but it passed the MoT emissions fine. It doesn't affect the drive whether the light is on or reset. I just live with it on. The downstream O2 sensor doesn't affect anything, just supposed to check that the cat is doing it's job which it must be as it passes the MoT however the car thinks otherwise. If your car is running bad it could be something else entirely as a P0420 should not affect it.

53 minutes ago, EdGasket said:

PO420 can just be an oversensitive downstream O2 sensor. I regularly get that code but it passed the MoT emissions fine. It doesn't affect the drive whether the light is on or reset. I just live with it on. The downstream O2 sensor doesn't affect anything, just supposed to check that the cat is doing it's job which it must be as it passes the MoT however the car thinks otherwise. If your car is running bad it could be something else entirely as a P0420 should not affect it.

Thanks Andrew. I might get the sensor too and try that as well as cataclean. I did notice a bit of a chemical /exhaust type smell on start up. What smell should I expect from a foul cat? As I replaced it two months ago with part from ECP.